• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Disable right click

New Here ,
Aug 01, 2007 Aug 01, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it possible to disable the right click options in compiled html (chm) help? If so, what option or code is needed?
I've found code suitable for web pages but not managed to make one work for compiled help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rick and welcome to our community

What works in a Web page should also work in a .CHM. Assuming, of course, that you get all the bits that are needed inside the .CHM. Let me guess. The web page solution uses a .JS file? If so, perhaps you failed to include the .JS file in your Baggage files.

Out of curiosity, why do you wish to disable right clicking?

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
After further hunting and with some local assistance I've now got <body oncontextmenu="return false;"> to work - I was putting it in the wrong place in the topic. However, I've just found that the contents panel has a similar menu and I haven't a clue how to disable that! I'd rather not remove the contents panel if I can avoid it.

Why do I need to do this? The target PC for my help file is a workstation with restricted environment (no direct access to Windows applications or the internet for example), due to safety problems if the operators go browsing the internet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp