• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Webservice, DAO/Bean Pattern - Help

Jul 31, 2007 Jul 31, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All,

I'm stuck on this one - any help would be much apperciated.

I'm trying to expose a CFC which uses a DAO/Bean pattern and am receiving the following error.

Could not perform web service invocation "getQuote".
Here is the fault returned when invoking the web service operation:

AxisFault
faultCode: { http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/}Server.userException
faultSubcode:
faultString: coldfusion.xml.rpc.CFCInvocationException:
[coldfusion.runtime.UndefinedElementException : Element QUOTEDAO is undefined in a Java object of type class [Ljava.lang.String; referenced as ]

Here are my files to give you an idea of what I am working with.

/webservices/application.cfm
/webservices/quote/quote.cfc (bean)
/webservices/quote/quoteDAO.cfc (my data access object, has crud methods)
/webservices/quote/quoteService.cfc (service layer, i generate my wsdl from this)

I have unit tested the CFC's by running a test.cfm file within the /webservices directory which calls all methods. Works fine. Additionally, the WSDL generates fine.

The problem is when I invoke the service, here is how I am invoking it.

<cfinvoke
webservice=" http://localhost/apps/webservices/quote/quoteService.cfc?wsdl"
method="getQuote"
returnvariable="Quote">
<cfinvokeargument name="Quote_ID" value="200"/>
</cfinvoke>

It's important to note that within my application.cfm I am setting up my quoteDAO and quoteGateway objects within my variables scope. I am then setting my quoteService in my application scope, like so:

<cfset variables.quoteDAO = createObject("component","apps.webservices.quote.quoteDAO").init(variables.dsn) />
<cfset variables.quoteGateway = createObject("component","apps.webservices.quote.quoteGateway").init(variables.dsn) />

<cfset application.quoteService = createObject("component","apps.webservices.quote.quoteService").init(variables.quoteDAO, variables.quoteGateway) />

I'm not sure what exactly the error I am receiving is, but part of me cringes thinking it might have to do with pathing.

Any advice?
TOPICS
Advanced techniques

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Aug 01, 2007 Aug 01, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your CFC is instantiated in application scope however when you call it via a web service it actually creates a new instance on every request so none of your internal variables initialised in your init() function will exist. To get round this you need to create a wrapper cfc that accesses your cfc in application scope

eg cfreturn application.quoteService.getQuote(arguments.quoteID)

I hope that makes sense?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Simon,

Thanks for your reply - I modified the code to manually setup those objects in my init like so.

<cfset variables.dsn = "mydsn" />
<cfset variables.quoteDAO = createObject("component","apps.webservices.quote.quoteDAO").init(variables.dsn) />
<cfset variables.quoteGateway = createObject("component","apps.webservices.quote.quoteGateway").init(variables.dsn) />

It solved that initial error but now I am getting:

Could not perform web service invocation "getQuote".
Here is the fault returned when invoking the web service operation:

AxisFault
faultCode: { http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/}Server.userException
faultSubcode:
faultString: org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: Premature end of file.
faultActor:
faultNode:

Any ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
I began recoding my entire service and was graced by the CF gods which is Sean Corfield and he immediately pointed out that webservices cannot return null values.

One of my queries is returning null columns, which it is supposed to given the way the database is setup.

Sure enough when I return the entire bean with values in each element it works, but if one is null it gives me the premature end of file error. Ugg. So now I am faced with how to handle this. I thought I would follow up just incase anyone else is battling the premature end of file problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation