• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Context-sensitive webhelp - what to give to developers?

Explorer ,
Aug 27, 2014 Aug 27, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've imported my FM8 book into RH10, and the map IDs are created beautifully (thanks Jeff!). So now I want to give the files to the developer to test the new calls. The .h and .ali files are in the project folder, I don't see them in the SSL/Webhelp folders. Do I include them separately, or are they converted to some other file name/type in the output folders?

Thanks,

Laurie

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 27, 2014 Aug 27, 2014

I manually copy my .h file into the output folder for the programmers to use – adding it as a baggage file didn’t seem to make any difference.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I manually copy my .h file into the output folder for the programmers to use – adding it as a baggage file didn’t seem to make any difference.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Jeff. Do they need the .ali file as well? I'll also send them the CSH API folder in the flavour they specify. Is there anything else they'll need other than the output folder and .h file?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In my case, no, they only use the .h file to build a cross-ref table in the software to launch the CSH. YMMV depending on what method is used.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Great, thanks again.

LL

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp