• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

In View mode, popup hyperlinks don't display popup images.

New Here ,
Aug 26, 2014 Aug 26, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I save the topic, then go to View > View Item. Popup hyperlinks don't display the images. I click and nothing happens.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 26, 2014 Aug 26, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do they work in the generated output? If so, it is a known issue in Rh11. You haven't stated your version.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 27, 2014 Aug 27, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm in RH10. And yes, they work in generated output. They work in View mode on my old computer. Same build. I take it there is no solution for RH11?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Hate to be the bearer of bad news. But for me on my own computer these worked fine in version 10. Version 11 they don't work.

I understand it's a bug. Fortunately, output is fine and it only affects the RoboHelp preview.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply Rick. Unfortunately for me, this really stunts my workflow. I have ten-plus popups per topic (more than 2,000 topics) and I occasionally go through and make sure all are working correctly, point to the correct location and look OK. It becomes a major problem because I'll have to generate before I can make adjustments. Should be the other way around. And the fact that I could do it on my old PC but not on a brand new one is disheartening. I appreciate the help, but what I'm looking for is a solution and what I can adjust so that the software behaves the same on my new computer. Script problem? Some Windows setting? Who knows.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello again

In your Preview window you also have a button that allows you to preview using one of your installed browsers. Perhaps that's the answer?

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tried that early on, no luck. Also tried the "Preview Mode" and the "Multiscreen Mode." They work in hyperlinking to a linked topic that contains only text, just not a topic that contains an image.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Correction: "...just not a popup topic."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Different browser versions?

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Peter,

On my old PC I had i.e. 9. The new has i.e. 11. I don't use i.e., but that seems to be where RoboHelp sends the preview. I've used the "View with" button and tried in both the latest versions of Firefox and Chrome, but no luck. Since the popups are script related, what could I change along those lines?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Browser settings blocking popups?

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Pop-up blocker is turned off.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 28, 2014 Aug 28, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Running out of ideas here!

Take a look at Willam's site. I don't think the patches listed there are for this issue but they may have a fix as a side effect.

http://www.wvanweelden.eu/articles/robohelp-patches-and-updates

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 24, 2015 Sep 24, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nickolopogus33,

Did you ever find a patch or a way to fix this problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 25, 2015 Sep 25, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

Popup hyperlinks (with image) are working fine on my machine with RoboHelp 11.0.4.291

Let me know the steps to reproduce this issue so that we can resolve this.

Thanks and Regards,
Surbhi Maheshwari

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp