Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Internet Explorer not automatically displaying ToC, Index

New Here ,
Aug 27, 2014 Aug 27, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

When opening my Web Help files in Internet Explorer, I always have to click a link located in the upper left portion of the window called Show in order to show my left frame content (ToC, Index, Search). Is there something I need to do in RoboHelp to make this happen automatically? Or is it a browser issue? I'm using RoboHelp 9.0.2.271 and generating Web Help.

Thanks in advance for any help with this!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You must be calling the help in a context sensitive way – this CSH will appear without the full browser window and the “Show” link to expand. If you don’t want this, you need to call the index.htm page (or whatever you called it in the SSL recipe).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That seemed to do the trick, Jeff. I had told the developers to point to a specific topic, and not index.htm.

Thanks for the quick response!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All depends on what you want to achieve – me, I like getting help for the page I’m on when I press F1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Me too! Just taking over a project and need to discuss that with the developers.

Thanks again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp