• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

No upgrade path from RH 9 to RH 11 for Australian customers?

Participant ,
Aug 24, 2014 Aug 24, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

• I want to upgrade my RoboHelp 9 to RoboHelp 11.
  • I'm an Australian, in Australia (although working for an American company).
  • The Adobe site therefore shows me an adobe/au page with upgrade eligibility details,
  • which says its possible for $599:
    http://www.adobe.com/au/products/robohelp/upgrade.displayTab2.htm
  • But if I go to the page to actually purchase the upgrade, the "I own" drop-down list gives only RH 10 as an option, not RH 9.
  • A telephone conversation with an Adobe person confirmed that RH10 to RH11's the only upgrade route available for Australian customers!
  • If I was in the U.S, I could upgrade form RH 9.

Has anyone found a way around this? I seem to have three options:

1. Buying RoboHelp 11 at full price as if I were a new customer and hadn't been using it for a few years, or
  2. moving to the U.S., or
  3. buying a competitor's product?

(I'm ignoring the option of pretending to be in the U.S., because that wouldn't be honest)

Thanks

Nick

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Participant , Aug 27, 2014 Aug 27, 2014

I've had discussions with Adobe again this morning. As a result, they changed their upgrade policy today.

They promptly contacted my reseller, giving them the SKU and price. The reseller's rep contacted me instantly, and I'm buying from him.

Adobe have even changed the website immediately, so any Australian can now go online and upgrade from RH9 to RH11.

It's been a long and winding road, but destination reached. (I won't complain about the AUD price on the website being 15% higher than the USD pri

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Aug 25, 2014 Aug 25, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using the wrong country can lead to support problems so you are right not to go that route.

Australian pricing was changed but it does not sound right that you can only upgrade from Rh10. I will ping someone at Adobe for more information.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Aug 25, 2014 Aug 25, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Peter, I hope you get a positive response from Adobe.

I did contact an Australian reseller yesterday, who was also very surprised but checked with Adobe who told him the same thing - no upgrade path from RH 9 to RH11.

Bizarrely, it seems there is an upgrade path from RH 9 to Technical Communication Suite 5. But cost is beyond my budget, apart from it including things I either already own or don't need.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Aug 27, 2014 Aug 27, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've had discussions with Adobe again this morning. As a result, they changed their upgrade policy today.

They promptly contacted my reseller, giving them the SKU and price. The reseller's rep contacted me instantly, and I'm buying from him.

Adobe have even changed the website immediately, so any Australian can now go online and upgrade from RH9 to RH11.

It's been a long and winding road, but destination reached. (I won't complain about the AUD price on the website being 15% higher than the USD price, based on today's exchange rates).

Thanks, Peter, if your pinging your Adobe contact helped reach this resolution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 28, 2014 Aug 28, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

My contact had a word with his contact etc. Glad it resolved the matter. Wish we only paid 15% more than the US price.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp