• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RH 11: Conditional build tags hang up Output Generation

New Here ,
Aug 28, 2014 Aug 28, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Generating WebHelp, HTML Help, and Responsive Help works fine if I do NOT select Conditional Build Expressions, but as soon as I select any condition, in any existing or new test SSL, for even one topic, the output generation goes along nicely, but hangs at the point of "Updating Files." It fails to proceed and I have to close RH. This happens for all outputs.

• This began to happen two weeks ago, for no reason that I can discern.
  • The rhbuildtag.apj file seems to be fine.
  • I have 23 conditional build tags, but that shouldn't be the problem, because it always worked before.
  • This problem does NOT occur in my other RH projects

I believe a file is corrupted, but don't know where to begin to look. It's a big project. Are there any tools for tracing hiccups in builds?

(Re-constructing this project piece by piece is something I really don't want to do!!)

Thank you!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried blowing away the CPD file & reopening the project? – that’s usually step 1 of a repair job.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I try that with every crash. Unfortunately, no change.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

And I've also tried a "get" from source control from an earlier version. I'm afraid to go too far back.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp