• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Authorize Adobe Digital Editions on new computer from old computer.

Sep 01, 2014 Sep 01, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have new computer.  Am trying to authorize Adobe Digital Editions on it with my email address.  I get a message saying that my email address is being used on another computer.  That's true.  It's the old computer which I no longer have.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Sep 02, 2014 Sep 02, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem as yours. I hope we get some answers soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 03, 2014 Sep 03, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've also changed my computer and cannot access my eBooks. However, the message that I get is "Incorrect login ID or password for the selected eBook vendor.Please try again". I've checked my ID and my password, I've carefully browsed the vendors list, but no option works. I'm at a loss...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Sep 04, 2014 Sep 04, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've spent hours working on this problem.  I've gone to the chat line and keep hitting roadblocks.  I really don't know what to do next.  I was told by one chat person to de-authorize my computer and re-authorize it.  However, if it doesn't recognize you, you can't de-authorize it! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 06, 2014 Sep 06, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have had the same problem and I held down ctrl the arrow above it and D that seemed to work. I then had to de-authorize my kobo but now I don't know how to re-activate it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Sep 06, 2014 Sep 06, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Type "Deauthorize Kobo" in your search browser and click. Instructions

are there. It works.

>

Authorize Adobe Digital Editions on new computer from old computer.

created by dianneandlucy

<https://forums.adobe.com/people/dianneandlucy> in /Adobe Digital

Editions/ - View the full discussion

<https://forums.adobe.com/message/6707003#6707003>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 07, 2014 Sep 07, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've solved the problem. They told me on Adobe chat to contact the e-book vendor and explain the problem, and so I did. The e-book vendor resent me the e-books. Before downloading and opening them, I de-authorized the computer (Ctrl+Shift+D), uninstalled Adobe Digital Editions, reinstalled it and re-authorized it (Ctrl+Sift+U). Now it works.

However, I don't know how that would work if I had to contact several e-book vendors, or if I had a large e-library. Anyway, I asked what I should do to prevent this from happening again. They told me that I should de-authorize the computer and uninstall Adobe Digital Edition before re-installing the OS or changing the computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is an "OS.?"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's the operating system installed on the computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 10, 2014 Sep 10, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. I don't speak english very much so i hope you underestand me.

Please tell me how do you did to download the Adobe Digital Editions?

I have installed it in my oldest tablet, but it must be reseted and now i can't install ADE in neither the oldest nor the new one. Both have Android.

I'll apreciate it if you can help me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 26, 2014 Sep 26, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Reload the OS?? I was a technical person for 20 years. That's a hail mary pass when they are stumped. These are authorization issues (security) and often very hard to diagnose.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines