• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

installer box stays black, doesn't download file. How can I fix this?

Sep 02, 2014 Sep 02, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I haven't been able to update Adobe Flash player. I do not have these same issues on my laptop running Windows 7 64 bit. I tried every suggestion I saw of trying to save the Adobe update file but the same issue results of a black installer box which doesn't do anything once it appears from the Adobe site. I checked in Tools and in add ons Shockwave flash is enabled.

Coincidentally for about 5 months I haven't been able to reinstall Adobe Reader on my desktop running Windows 7 64 bit. Previously it had been installed and functioning without issue. Are these 2 problems associated?

I disabled my Norton Firewall and antivirus as well, but the same issue persists.

Thank you.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Sep 04, 2014 Sep 04, 2014

hi Fred,

Yes, 14.0.0.176 is the current version of Flash Player for Mac.

Regarding your comment on Adobe Reader from your first post, I can't comment on Reader installations as I don't work on that team.  You can post your issue to the Reader forum at Adobe Reader.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Sep 02, 2014 Sep 02, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I could point you to the offline installers, but since they will soon be unavailable publicly, I will let the Flash Player team handle this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 03, 2014 Sep 03, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

We have received several of these reports but have been unable to reproduce.  To bypass this, you can use the offline installer posted at the bottom of the Installation problems | Flash Player | Windows page.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Maria,

I am able to download flash player version 14.0.  It is the update to this version 176 where I see just the black box.  How can I perform the update?

Thank you.

Fred

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Fred,

Which installer are you referring to?  The online installer downloaded from get.adobe.com/flashplayer, or the offline installer in the help page?  If you can, please post a screenshot (How to post a screenshot in the forum).

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Sep 04, 2014 Sep 04, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Maria,

I checked today and see that version 14.0.0.176 is in fact installed. I guess the offline installer download you directed to me was that version?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 04, 2014 Sep 04, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi Fred,

Yes, 14.0.0.176 is the current version of Flash Player for Mac.

Regarding your comment on Adobe Reader from your first post, I can't comment on Reader installations as I don't work on that team.  You can post your issue to the Reader forum at Adobe Reader.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 08, 2014 Sep 08, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You can get the offline installer for Adobe Reader at http://get.adobe.com/reader/enterprise/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines