• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Finding items in a list

Explorer ,
Aug 03, 2007 Aug 03, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's been a long week and I know this is simple but I can't for the life of me get it to return properly.

I have someone who enters a keyword to do a search and before the system searches, it looks through a synonym table to add any to the keys to search for. If someone enters "AF" - there are two listings - one for AAF and one for AF - obviously I don't want the AAF one because it means something different than AF. So if I do a WHERE Synonyms LIKE '%#TRIM(i)#%' - it returns a whole bunch of records including those that have "AF" in the middle of the word. Help!!
TOPICS
Advanced techniques

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Take away the first percentage sign.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Where does "list" comes into the picture? Does the variable #i# contain a list of values?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation