• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"Show" Button

New Here ,
Jun 28, 2007 Jun 28, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was wondering if the "Show" button is something that is added to your pages dynamically or if you have to code it seperately.
I ask because in this project that I inherited there is a red box in the corner of about 20% of the pages, I find that it contains the following Java script:
if (window.addTocInfo)
{
addTocInfo("Common Tasks\nEmployee\nRequesting Time-Off");
addButton("show",BTN_TEXT,"Show","","","","",0,0,"","","");

}
if (window.writeBtnStyle)
writeBtnStyle();

if (window.writeIntopicBar)
writeIntopicBar(1);

if (window.setRelStartPage)
{
setRelStartPage("../../HRatTheDesktopOnlineHelp.htm");

autoSync(1);
sendSyncInfo();
sendAveInfoOut();
}
}
else
if (window.gbIE4)
document.location.reload();
//-->

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It looks and sounds like you are looking at the output file rather than the source file.

Unless you have deselected the option in the wizard, Show is automatically added to the output which, as I said, is what you are looking at, hence the red square.

Post back if you can't sort it out.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am seeing the red box in the WYSIWYG editor. If I rt click on it a window displays with the js code in it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, because you have opened an output file, not a source file.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 29, 2007 Jun 29, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all

Orrrr, (Shudder) the output files have managed to replace the source files. In that case, you may need to click here to learn how to clean up all the murky code to put things right again.

Happy Friday all... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 03, 2007 Aug 03, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the help on this. This data has about 2000 html pages in it with this issues being in most of them. Do you know if there is a way to create a piece of code that would go through the html code and delete out all of the script references?
Thanks,
Kate

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 03, 2007 Aug 03, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Hi Kate

You might want to investigate either FAR (Find and Replace - about $40 but has a free trial) or ReplaceEM (which is free).

Click here for FAR
Click here for ReplacEM

Cheers and good luck with the cleanup! Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp