Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot install Adobe Flash...at all!

Aug 19, 2014 Aug 19, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have seen many different versions of this question asked...nothing seems to fit my situation.  I have tried all of the troubleshooting techniques.  Nothing seems to work.

I am operating a MacBook Pro OS X 10.9.4 with Firefox 31.0 (default browser) and Safari 7.0.6.

I have been prompted to update Adobe Flash multiple times over the past few months, but I can't!  I have tried using both browsers.  I have tried with Firewall on AND off.  I have tried at different times during the day AND evening.  I have tried uninstalling Adobe Flash altogether, including the plug-in.  Nothing.  I have tried the offline installer.  To no avail.  I have tried every suggestion and route out there, and have come up with a big fat ZERO. 

So, now I have no Flash at all, and it refuses to download whatsoever.  I'm talking 0% with the spinning beach ball of death until it just quits with a download error.

WHAT THE H*LL DO I HAVE TO DO?!?!?!  I'm dying here!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Aug 21, 2014 Aug 21, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seriously?  92 views over three days, and not a single attempt to help out?  Can I get a Staff member at least?  At least the service matches the problem...par for the course I guess. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I'm sorry you're having issues installing Flash Player.  Please provide specific details on your issue and we'll try to help. Please attach a screenshot of the error.  If you're getting errors for both the online and offline installers, please provide both.

Also, please provide the FlashPlayerInstallManager.log file from the Users /Library/Logs directory.  The file will most likely be large.  Please use the instructions here to share the file, How to share a document.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maria,

Everything that's going on is in my original post. It just says there is an error and to try again. 0% upload. Close out the box or hit cancel, and it just brings you back to the install screen. I've got absolutely nothing. Can't reinstall the plug-in either. Even tried uninstalling Firefox and reinstalling. Nothing but loss of all my bookmarks. Luckily, I downloaded Chrome prior (which has Flash) to this and imported my Firefox bookmarks, but Chrome sucks and I'd rather keep my Firefox...with Flash intact.

Thank you.

Regards,

Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mike,

It sounds like you're using the online installer, downloaded from get.adobe.com/flashplayer.  Can you confirm?

In your first post, you also say you've tried the offline installer.  Is there an error when you use that?

Please post screenshots of both install attempts (online and offline). They're very helpful.

How to post a screenshot in the forum

And please provide the install log file.  Location to obtain it is in my previous post.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maria,

Yes I have tried both online and offline installers ad I get the exact same issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mark,

Can you please provide the screenshots and the log file?  At minimum the log file, but both would be best.

Thank you.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Aug 23, 2014 Aug 23, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maria,

I have tried multiple times to send the screen shots, and the message keeps getting returned to me undelivered.  I am at a loss at this point.

Regards,

Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You cannot post screenshots as email attachments; you need to login to the forum and insert the image(s) using the camera icon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see. I will be sure to do that in the morning. Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Aug 24, 2014 Aug 24, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2014-08-21 at 5.24.26 PM.png

Screen Shot 2014-08-21 at 5.31.55 PM.pngScreen Shot 2014-08-21 at 5.33.58 PM.pngScreen Shot 2014-08-21 at 5.35.18 PM.png

No matter what I do, I just keep getting dragged around in circles with the same messages.  They can't even find a plug-in!  Perhaps you see something I don't, but there doesn't appear to be any explanation for what's going on through viewing these screen shots.  Hope you can pull a miracle out!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 25, 2014 Aug 25, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mark,

Thank you for posting the screenshots.  They're helpful.  I apologize for the installation issues you're having using the online installer.  I'd like to get the install log file for the online installer, however, this requires running the installer from the Terminal.  If you're comfortable running apps from the Terminal, we'd really appreciate it if you could provide the log file (instructions below).  If not, and you just want to get Flash Player installed (totally understandable), a link to the help page that contains the offline installer is posted below.

To obtain the online installer log file:

1. Download the online installer from get.adobe.com/flashplayer and save it to the desktop
  2. Mount the DMG (double-click the downloaded file) and extract Install Adobe Flash Player.app to a local folder (e.g. desktop)
    • extract by clicking on the .app and dragging it onto the Deskop (or some other folder)
  3. Open LaunchPad and in the top search window type Terminal, click the app icon to open the Terminal application
  4. In Terminal, change directories to where Install Adobe Flash Player.app is saved to (step 2), type: cd <location to file in step 2>
    • e.g. If Install Adobe Flash Player.app is saved to the desktop, type: cd /Users/labuser/Desktop, where 'labuser' is your user ID.
  5. At the prompt, type:
    ./Install\ Adobe\ Flash\ Player.app/Contents/MacOS/Install\ Adobe\ Flash\ Player -debug - file
  6. When prompted, enter the password you use to log in to your machine
  7. Go back to back to the location where Install Adobe Flash Player.app is saved to (step 2)
  8. Right-click on Install Adobe Flash Player.app and select Show Package Contents
  9. In the window that displays, navigate to Contents/MacOS
  10. Obtain the host.develop.log file.
  11. Post the contents of the host.develop.log file here in your response, or share the file following the How to share a document instructions.

The link to download the offline installer is posted at the bottom of the Installation problems | Flash Player | Mac help page.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I sent the log file via replay to your message.  Please advise if you receive it.  Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also be advised that I have tried the offline installer multiple times as well, so that would pointless in this case.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 26, 2014 Aug 26, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My issue was identical. I use OSX 10.8.5   All my download attempts failed at the install stage.

Finally, I overrode the default DiscImageMounter and chose 'Save File'.

Using Macromedias download of 15.7MB instead  of Adobes 1.1MB download.

Note the difference of the highlighted .dmg (successful) vs the adobe .dmg below it.(fail)

Screen Shot 2014-08-25 at 4.07.00 PM.png

Screen Shot 2014-08-25 at 4.19.19 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nope.  That didn't work either.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same symptoms i.e. Installer attempts to download but sticks at 0%.

My issue was caused by having AutoProxy Discovery on. Once I switched this off the installer worked.

System Preferences -> Network -> Advanced -> Proxies "Auto Proxy Discovery"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bingo! We're in! Finally found an answer! Thank you so much!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 27, 2014 Aug 27, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi raging_onion,

Sorry I wasn't able to reply previously to you.    I see that MEL_Langton's suggestion/solution worked for you.  I will pass on this information to the folks who handle the online installer so they can research further.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 03, 2014 Sep 03, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello all,

We have fixed the issue with the installer failing to download when 'Auto Proxy Discovery" is enabled.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines