6 Replies Latest reply on Sep 5, 2014 7:12 AM by bford225

Information

bford225 Level 1

HI I am wondering what would be the best way to make a backstage pass? I saw this done in side indesign adobe tv.  after the pass is done what are the next steps for a client to get the pass printed? would it be done for that event who hired the music artist ? I'm asking because I am designing or going to soon design one for a music client friend . Are there legal rules for the designer

• 1. Re: Information
          Beans1235 Level 1

For designing, you could create it in whatever application you're most comfortable with Photoshop/Illustrator. For the layout portion, InDesign and then export as a pdf to hand off to the printer. As for information on each pass - I would think speaking to the promoter of the event or someone at the venue in operations would be able to answer a lot of your questions. They could tell you what information needs to appear on the passes. Also find out if the pass needs to be worn as a badge or given to someone backstage. I would think that the passes may have some unique numbering on them. Once you've designed the passes and client has signed off, you can print. Depending on the quantity, you can print your own if it's a small number or find a printer. Have your client give you their credit card number and then you don't absorb the printing costs.

• 2. Re: Information
            bford225 Level 1

I understand . Thanks .

Would the same information above be for a press kit ? Actually thats what the client wants instead of a backstage pass.

3Rd 3rd is adobe going to make a mobile indesign app that would allow indesign users work on the go?

• 3. Re: Information
              Beans1235 Level 1

Yea, pretty much. A press kit can be executed in a number of ways, but their budget can make the final decision.  For the press kit, I would use InDesign for layout and if you create any artwork import from Photoshop and Illustrator. Speak with your client and ask questions about what exactly they want and what their budget is. Ask them if there would be any pages that they are always updating and maybe shouldn't be included in the press kit. You should also be mindful that if they are mailing these, that post office has certain guidelines for how something can be mailed and postage could be cost preventative for something different. Ask questions and research. If you look online, there are tons of samples that will give you ideas for what is possible. Maybe your client have samples to show you what they like.

#3 - I'm not sure what you mean. With the cloud based products, you can choose either month to month or year subscription based services and load them up on your laptop and go..is that what you mean?

Hope this helps.

• 4. Re: Information
                bford225 Level 1

i see thanks. as far as the last question. i was referring to is adobe making a app. for indesign. that allows ID users to work on smart phones and tablets. for example.

adobe came out with  photo shop and then came out with photo shop touch, Lightroom and then Lightroom mobile

• 5. Re: Information
                  Beans1235 Level 1

Hmm.. I don't know. Anything is possible. I think it would be really hard to work on a tablet or especially a smart phone. But ya never know.. smart phones keep getting bigger.

• 6. Re: Information
                    bford225 Level 1

Thanks