Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Help content is not visible in the output generated through Robohelp 11

Community Beginner ,
Sep 03, 2014 Sep 03, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I've recently upgraded RoboHelp from version 8 to version 11. We support our application in IE8, IE9, IE10 and IE11, Chrome and Firefox as well. However, after generating the webhelp through RH11, I can see that in Firefox, the pages are properly formatted in the editing window, but in preview and when generated, the pages have no styling: no hanging indents, no shading or borders on the tables, no text fonts or colors.

Moreover, in IE9, 10 and 11 i'm unable to view the output in the right pane. I'm only able to view the TOC and when i click on the topics, no help content is seen.

I've a release scheduled for tomorrow. Any urgent help is highly appreciated.

Thanks

Priya

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Take a trip to Holland and visit http://www.wvanweelden.eu/articles/robohelp-patches-and-updates

You will find a complete list of fixes for browser issues.

I don't think they cover the Firefox issue but post back when you have made those changes.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Peter,

Thanks a lot for your advice.

I've tried all the updates except the Patch 11.0.2 (No link yet, download via the menu Help > Updates). I'm unable to get this patch.

After applying the other three updates, I've verified that no changes are seen. As usual the help content is not visible in the right pane of the output in IE9.

Kindly let me know what else to be done.

Thanks

Priya

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 04, 2014 Sep 04, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

In the output, is the content correctly formatted on browsers other than Firefox?

Where is the content located? Hosted on a web site? Do you know what kind of web server? (Apache on Unix/Windows, IIS, etc.)

If you open the developer console with F12, inspect the topics, do you see any errors in the error tab? If you select an item in the topic, what does Firefox show as CSS being applied?

Kind regards,

Willam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp