Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RTMP Streaming Works, HTTP Streaming Does Not

New Here ,
Aug 25, 2014 Aug 25, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using the following to stream video live:

- Windows Server 2008 with Flash Media Server 5.

- Flash Media Live Encoder 3.2

- This tutorial step by step to setup the manifests: Stream live multi-bitrate video over HTTP to Flash and iOS - YouTube

- In FMLE the following settings:

- H264 Format, Main Profile, Level 3.1, Keyframe freq 4, 150, 500 and 1000 kpbs bit rates.

- FMS URL: rtmp://<my-static-ip>/livepkgr

- Stream: livestream%i?adbe-live-event=liveevent

- The liveevent.f4m and liveevent.m3u8 files are saved in the webroot folder

- Built in administrator console OSMF video player, with the following URL: http://<my-static-ip>/livepkgr/liveevent.f4m

FMLE is saying it connects without issue and that it publishes, and the server shows that the stream is connecting in the admin console. The one thing that does not appear to work is playing the stream back itself. I've tried any number of different  URLS to play the stream, none work, they just give me a generic "We are having problems with playback. We appologize for the inconvenience." I know the stream connects because when I replace http://<my-static-ip>/livepkgr/liveevent.f4m with rtmp://<my-static-ip>/livepkgr/liveevent it plays the rtmp version.

Is there some further configuration I am missing on the server side? Something else I am missing?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 26, 2014 Aug 26, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you see what requests your player is making when you are trying to play the stream?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 26, 2014 Aug 26, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im not sure what you mean by that, sorry.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 27, 2014 Aug 27, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you analyze network requests made by your player through a proxy such as Fiddler or by pressing F12 in your browser window for the player and see the network requests being made? Most probably, you are missing crossdomain.xml file in your webroot.

You can create a simple crossdomain.xml in the webroot with the following contents :

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>

<cross-domain-policy>

<allow-access-from domain="*"/>

<site-control permitted-cross-domain-policies="master-only"/>

</cross-domain-policy>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 27, 2014 Aug 27, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still nothing I can verify the embedded player is trying to access the stream URL I setup. I can still verify stream publishing in the admin console, but I cannot embed the video, still getting the same generic error.. I am streaming to my private server running Windows Server 2008 R2 that I host multiple sites with. I am beginning to think the URL doesnt recognize that I am trying to access the webroot folder for the manifests, but I don't know how to tell if this is the case or how to change this setting. Can anyone provide me an example of a proper html code to embed a video using the FMLE stream I am publishing that they can verify works with a similar setup to what I have?

Dustin Rogers

drogers@shaw.ca

(780) 250-0200

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 31, 2014 Aug 31, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

check for the crossdomain.xml file

stop ams

delete the .stream files from the livepkgr application folder

restart the ams

and check hds connection in strobe media play back

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 03, 2014 Sep 03, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

still cannot view the stream after those instructions. I can confirm the stream is connecting in the admin console, shows bandwidth usage and everything. Can someone provide me a generic crossdomain.XML file that would work for any basic server setup in case my problem is with it? Also, I am going to attempt to keep my stream lvie as continuously as possible. If anyone feels like testing if they can view the stream, feel free using this IP and the URL provided earlier in this thread: 184.69.238.58

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 04, 2014 Sep 04, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A generic crossdomain.xml looks like as follows

<?xml version="1.0"?>

<!-- http://www.adobe.com/crossdomain.xml -->

<cross-domain-policy>

<allow-access-from domain="*" />

</cross-domain-policy>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 04, 2014 Sep 04, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I tried playing live stream from rtmp://184.69.238.58/livepkgr url..

Assuming that you are doing multi bit rate publishing from FMLE and hence the stream names are livestream1, livestream2 and so on so forth...I tried subscribing to livestream1 stream but found nothing coming to client from teh server...even though the rtmp connection is established between my client and your server.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines