• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Merged WebHelp RH6 projects

Community Beginner ,
Aug 03, 2007 Aug 03, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have three projects I want to merge, and thought that if I set up my primary file TOC to contain them all, then generated and published them all, and that if one of the secondary projects was not in the \merged projects folder then the TOC simply would not show any TOC entries for that one, but would show the usual TOC for the other projects. However, when I removed one of the merged projects to test this the TOC was entirely blank: nothing.
Is there a way to do this? the reason is the I will not know ahead of time which of the two secondary projects (if any) are installed (they are installed to the \merged projects folder by Installshield), so I wanted to just include their markers in the primary TOC and then thought their TOC contents would display when the Help is opened on the fly.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 04, 2007 Aug 04, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It sounds like your parent TOC contains the TOC entries for the child projects instead of references to the child TOCs.

See the topic on my site about Merged WebHelp and see how I explain creating the TOC.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 06, 2007 Aug 06, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your reply and samples, but after all I had done the merge correctly (separate TOCs in the merged projects). Here was the issue: my default browser if Firefox and it takes from 5 to 10 seconds for the TOC to refresh if one of the child projects is not installed. I was waiting only a few seconds and, not seeing the TOC content, just closed the browser thinking the TOC was broken. I opened your samples in Firefox and IE and see the same slow Firefox refresh. Bad Firefox 2.0.0.6. Have you encountered this before?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 06, 2007 Aug 06, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Issues with Firefox loading have been reported and are documented on my site under Browsers. There are many workarounds that various people have contributed.

Not aware of the issue being made worse by not including a child project. Haven't seen reports of that. My own merged webhelp is always delivered in full. We merge because of project size.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp