Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Flash Player

Sep 02, 2014 Sep 02, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to download Adobe Flash Player to my PC. My OS is Windows 7 64 bit.  I have received several things for me to try and I have tried all of them but  nothing works.  I need to know is there a 64 bit version of adobe flash player the site that I go which is the adobe site says it is 64, however when I run it is 32 bit.  Can anyone help with this problem.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 02, 2014 Sep 02, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The installer will automatically install both 32-bit and 64-bit players on a 64-bit system.  You can check it

• 64-bit: C:\Windows\system32\Macromed\Flash
  • 32-bit: C:\Windows\syswow64\Macromed\Flash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 03, 2014 Sep 03, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What browser are you using?  As Pat says, we have a monolithic installer that includes both the 32 and 64-bit versions of the NPAPI plug-in on Windows.  Your browser will automatically choose the appropriate version.  As an example, Firefox is a 32-bit browser, so it will choose the 32-bit NPAPI plug-in regardless of whether the underlying operating system is 32-bit or 64-bit.  Google Chrome 37+ will include a 64-bit browser when a 64-bit operating system is present, and a matching 64-bit Flash Player will already be included, requiring no additional download.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Sep 04, 2014 Sep 04, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The browser that I'm using is IE 11.

On Wed, Sep 3, 2014 at 3:53 PM, Jeromie Clark <forums_noreply@adobe.com>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 04, 2014 Sep 04, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I've included screenshots of both the Add-In Info from Internet Explorer 11 on my Win7 x64 machine, as well as a screenshot of Task Manager, showing the Flash Player process running in 64-bit mode.  The *32 next to various process name denotes the 32-bit processes running at the time. The filename FlashUtil64 denotes the 64-bit process as well.

While I think that this should be the case by default, you may want to confirm that 64-bit processes are enabled in EPM mode on Win8+:

How to enable 64-bit Internet Explorer processes | Winaero

IE11_Win7x64_AddOn_Info.PNG

Task Manager.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines