• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I can't find a new version of adobe flash player for ubuntu 14.04, I tried to use the apt version but it wouldn't work and I don't know how to use tar.gz files and install them, were can I find a current version in .deb

New Here ,
Sep 01, 2014 Sep 01, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't find a new version of adobe flash player for ubuntu 14.04, I tried to use the apt version but it wouldn't work and I don't know how to use tar.gz files and install them, were can I find a current version in .deb

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Sep 04, 2014 Sep 04, 2014

Hi LF12,

The current version of Flash Player for Linux is 11.2.202.400.  Current versions of Flash Player are posted here http://www.adobe.com/software/flash/about/. The versions on the page are updated with each release. 

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 03, 2014 Sep 03, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

What does "I tried the apt version of which doesn't download," mean? Are you trying to download from get.adobe.com/flashplayer or from Ubuntu's Update Manager?

BTW, I deleted your other thread.  Posting the same topic in multiple threads doesn't help your issue get answered quicker and does lead to confusion in responding to two different threads.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 04, 2014 Sep 04, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried to get it from get.adobe.com/flashplayer, where it gave me several choices to download it, but not the newest one that some web sites need.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi LF12,

The current version of Flash Player for Linux is 11.2.202.400.  Current versions of Flash Player are posted here http://www.adobe.com/software/flash/about/. The versions on the page are updated with each release. 

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's my problem, I can't get version 14, only 11 of which isn't supported on some web sites anymore, anyway to get version 14 for Ubuntu 14.04? Thank You.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Google Chrome contains a current version of the PPAPI Flash Player for Linux.  That's really your only option at the moment.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried Google Chrome like you said and it worked, Thank You, very much for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

No problem.  The only Linux player we make is PPAPI, which is currently shipped as a component in Google Chrome.  We have some stuff in the pipeline to expand this distribution to other Chromium-based browsers on Linux in the not-too-distant future, but for the moment Chrome is the best choice.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines