• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash Player Crashes IE on 64bit Win7 VDI using RDP 8 with DTLS Security Update

Sep 04, 2014 Sep 04, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To elaborate:
Flash Player (Any version from 11 ->current)  Crashes IE  (8->11) on 64bit Win7 (SP1) VDI (VMware/Vworkspace)  using RDP 8 (kb2592687) with DTLS  (kb2574819 ) Security Update.

We have created Bare bones VDI's  and gone through updates one by one and discovered this particular combination.    DTLS is specifically the patch that has issues with Flash.  When the user goes to a site (any site) that uses Flash the Browser Locks up and the process has to be killed via Task mangler)

Fun Facts!

• DTLS (kb2574819) is a Security update the encrypts Communications for RDP sessions and and is Required for RDP 8 functionality to work.
  • RDP 8 is required in order to mirror specific USB devices/functions to the VDI.
  • The Device is Bloomberg Multifunction keyboard used by our Financial people for Trades (to operate the Bloomberg Trade/analysis software).
  • VDI's are required for Business Continuity among other reasons.
  • 64bit Windows 7 is required
  • Internet Explorer is requirement for many of the sites they use both internal and external
  • We have tried both 32bit and 64bit version of IE
  • The issue occurs in all versions of IE from 8 to 11
  • We have tried Versions of Flash from 11.x to the latest
  • The issue does not occur in Chrome
  • Chrome (contrary to popular mythology) does not work for many of our internal and external business sites and due to  reasons I am not at liberty or even willing to discuss (because they are internal to our business)  is not really an option.
  • Ditto for Firefox or any other browser.

Please, I ask that if you decide to answer please pay attention to those last 2 points. I am not here to discuss the merits of alternative browsers, LINUX, Macs etc. This is not a topic for the OS/Browser Holy Wars. If I could use alternatives I would but I cannot, the situation is what it is. 

To Adobe Support:   I work for a large company (Fortune 500) and have been unable to get an Adobe Enterprise support package or even talk to a human who could assist despite repeated attempts using various phone numbers given to me when I have actually been able to talk to a person (Call center order taker "somewhere"). We are quite willing to pay for Telephone Technical support if is available.  We have already worked with Microsoft Support Services but since the issue seems to be with an Adobe product they basically have washed their hands of it.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 04, 2014 Sep 04, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for reaching out.  Can you send me a private message with your company info and contact details?  I'll get it escalated.  Just click my name. (Edit: I found your email address on your profile, which I think is what I need to know for the moment.)

In the meantime, I'm wondering if either of these is a viable workaround:

- Disable hardware acceleration in IE  - How to enable or disable software rendering in Internet Explorer 9

- Disable hardware acceleration in Flash - How do I disable or enable hardware acceleration?

If disabling hardware acceleration in Flash is a viable workaround, you can deploy a customized mms.cfg file that disables hardware acceleration to your managed hosts.  I can give you details, but let's confirm that it's viable before we dive deep into that.

Adobe Flash Player Administration Guide for Flash Player 14 | Adobe Developer Connection

In the meantime, I'll try and get a test configuration going in our virtual infrastructure and see if I can reproduce this.

Jeromie Clark

Engineering Manager - Flash Runtime

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines