Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

cannot publish/open AICC content using Presenter 8

New Here ,
Sep 04, 2014 Sep 04, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I cannot get the index.htm file to launch any content when AICC is selected (default settings). In all attempts I get stuck on the launch screen. I have tried presentations with only one question, presentations with only one simple slide, and it is always the same result.

I have 32-bit PowerPoint 2003 and 64-bit Windows 7 (work computer on work network). I also set up a trial on another machine with 32-bit PowerPoint 2010 and 64-bit Windows 7 (home computer on home network). When I got the same results I started a trial of Presenter 10 with my 32-bit PowerPoint and my 64-bit Windows 7 machine. I got exactly the same results. Clicking on index.htm gets me stuck on the launch screen. AICC.htm just opens a browser. I can only view the content by clicking on viewer.swf.

Anything other than AICC works just fine (i.e. I click on index.htm and it launches).

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

TOPICS
Presenter

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 05, 2014 Sep 05, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try using the AICC.htm file instead of index.html.

I do recall that presentations set to AICC reporting wouldn't play locally, but I can't seem to find any discusssions around that. If I do I'll post a link here. Have you tried publishing the presentation to a server and seeing if it plays back correctly?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 10, 2014 Sep 10, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the suggestion. Unfortunately, Presenter 8 and 10 will not publish and play with AICC selected. I tried on different machines. I also tried sending the zip file to our LMS admin and he also got a stalled loading screen (despite trying many things).

As luck would have it, my colleague has Adobe Presenter 7 (her hardware, OS and updates are otherwise identical to mine) and it works like a charm! I can even create a presentation using a newer version and send it to her to have it published. It's kind of a pain, but at least it works.

I am still dying to know why AICC will not work with Adobe Presenter 8 and 10. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 10, 2014 Sep 10, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

AICC enabled content do not play locally. When placed on AICC server it should play fine.

It is supported in both Presenter 8 and  Presenter 10.

Could you please share the packaged presentation you are trying to play on AICC server .

You may mail at alpagarw@adobe.com

Thanks

Alpi Agarwal

Adobe Presenter Engineering Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources