Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RH HTML v9.0.2: Supported Version of Word Does Not Exist Error

New Here ,
Sep 04, 2014 Sep 04, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I am running RoboHelp HTML v 9.0.2.271 on a Windows 7 64-bit machine, with Microsoft Office 2013 32-bit installed.

When I try to generate printed output, I get a message box stating that "A supported version of Microsoft Word does not exist.  Please install Microsoft Word 2000 or newer."  I have tried different projects, including the sample RoboHelp projects, and get the same message.

I have read other similar questions, but for many of the people the problem was due to running a 64-bit version of Word.

1) Is there somewhere in the RH interface that I can "select" the version of Word I am running or set the path to my Word install folder?

2) Is there a fix available?

3) Will upgrading to RH 11 fix the problem?

Thank you for your input....

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 04, 2014 Sep 04, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. No.
  2. Well, it's not supported and it's a hack... But you may want to try: Re: Importing Word 2013 files into existing projects in RH10
  3. Yes. Office 2013 is fully supported in RoboHelp 11. Upgrading will also solve browser compatibility options as well give you lots of new features. See Peter's RoboHelp Tour.

Kind regards,

Willam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 05, 2014 Sep 05, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello Willam,

Thank you for your response.

• I went ahead and installed RH11 (as part of Adobe TCS5) - version 11.0.0.179.  I did NOT apply any RH fixes or upgrades.
  • I then upgraded one of my RH9 projects to RH11.
  • I was able to successfully generate printed documents (after enabling macros in Word). Yeah!

I am now in the process of installing all of the fixes and upgrades available for RH11, using your RoboHelp Patches and Updates page as a guide.

Thanks again for your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp