• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Coldfusion Builder 3... Poor poor poor

Community Beginner ,
Aug 13, 2014 Aug 13, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have to admit that I am greatly disappointed with CFB 3. The loss of something as simple as FTP synchronization is ridiculous. The time I have spent trying to find a work around has been fruitless. The eclipse RES plugin has a bug, so it doesn't work. Installing the Aptana plugin is somewhat functional but you are constantly jumping between views to code. The built in "import/export" feature is a sad excuse for FTP synchronization and generally doesn't work. Code hinting is hit and miss, loss of word warp and the list goes on. Further more, the interface is not intuitive and help documentation is spotty and less then helpful.

I've installed CFB 3 as an eclipse plugin (which runs faster and smoother) as well as stand alone. Both being a vast disappointment. To further my disappointment, it's quite apparent that no one from the CFB team monitors or responds to any posts on this forum.

TOPICS
Builder

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 05, 2014 Sep 05, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I unfortunately have to agree with everything said here and what is even worse is that they charge money for it.  VERY disappointing to see this released from Adobe.  Think I will revert back to CFB 2. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 11, 2014 Sep 11, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree.  The CF Documentation for both my installs using the standalone CF Builder 3 fail to display any of the Coldfusion documentation.  It shows up in the contents, but fails when I pick any of the available references.  I've posted and asked others and do not get a response.

This forum is not monitored.  You can see that on the main page where it shows articles about the beta of CF Builder 3.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 11, 2014 Sep 11, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am switching back to Aptana and using CFEclipse again.  Too bad Adobe shit the bed on this one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation