• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I need to uninstall Adobe® Flash® Player Installer/Uninstaller 14.0 r0

Explorer ,
Sep 04, 2014 Sep 04, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need to uninstall Adobe® Flash® Player Installer/Uninstaller 14.0 r0 but have looked everywhere for how to do this & can not find out how to do this can someone please help? I am using A Sony Vaio, Windows Vista Home Premium 32 bit, I use Chrome Version 36.0.1985.143 m.

I want to get it off of my system because ever since I installed it I have had problems with Chrome loading it does not want to load then if I restart my comptuter & I click on chrome  5 windows open up at one time a white box appears saying "Your profile can not be used because it is from a newer browser version of google chrome. Some features may be available. Please specify a different profile directory  or use a different version of chrome" then if you click ok it shuts all the windows down. I have figured a way to get one window to stay open so I can use chrome, now I do have other browser I can use but I do not like them  at all & do not have a flash player since mine is built in with Chrome. So on to the other problem that began as soon as I downloaded this & I understand it may not be this but I still want to get it off of my computer. I also have been having trouble with my flash player error messages: saying it has stopped working constantly, it says upgrade flash text, a plug in shock wave flash isn't responding then in (stop plug in) it wants you to hit.  I have run 3 different Mallware programs through my computer just in case that was one question that was going to be ask. No other programs jave been downloaded wither.

I am not very good with computers so I have to come to places like this for help & I really have to have help explaining what to do because  do not know much about computers other then getting on them & surfing the web & some basic things. When chromes message said specify a different profile directory that went right over m head. So that should give you an idea where I am coming from. I want to thank you in advance & hope I have made sense in what I have written I tried to give all the information that I could.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Sep 04, 2014 Sep 04, 2014

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jeromie this page takes you to the Adobe Flash Player Installer/Uninstaller 14.0 r0 l for what I am trying to get rid of. but thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't understand your response.  If I pointed you to the wrong thing and you need something else, please clarify and I'll be happy to try and point you in the right direction.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK I have the Adobe Flash Player Installer/Uninstaller 14.0 r0 on my computer & I that is what I want to get uninstalled off of my computer. I hope that clarified it enough for you.  Thank You.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 05, 2014 Sep 05, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Downloading and running the uninstaller for Windows that I provided above will remove any legitimate copies of Flash Player and related background update services from your system.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I understand that & I have done that but like I said in my original post I have had problems with my computer since downloading this & I would like to uninstall it off my computer but I have looked everywhere to find out how to uninstall it & cant find an answer it so that is what I need to know.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The answer is - download and run the uninstaller.  At that point, Flash has been removed from your system.  If you're still experiencing problems, it points to a different root-cause.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 20, 2014 Sep 20, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

He wants to uninstall the Flash Player INSTALLER/UNINSTALLER program, NOT Flash Player itself. So do I.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have downloaded the uninstaller I just want it uninstalled now, that is it plain & simple

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cool.  Just run the uninstaller and you should be good to go.  At that point you can delete the uninstaller from your downloads folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So all I have to do is delete it from the doenloads folder & that will uninstall it from my computer?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to run the uninstaller to get Flash Player uninstalled!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 07, 2014 Sep 07, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Pat

Let me get this straight in my orginal post I explaimed exactly what I wanted to unfortunatly I gave to much information & should have just not said any thing elses but the directions said to give as much information as pssible. Any way it keeps coming back that I need to run the uninstaller to get Flash Player uninstalled. That is not what I want to do at all I have Chrome the Flash player is built in I am not worried about that at all. I simply want to ininstall the Adobe Flash Player Installer/Uninstaller 14.0 r0  when I downloaded it, it said to save it somewhere you would know exactly where it was & suggested your desktop so that is where mine is saved to it is not in my downloads folder I chcked to make sure. If there is no way to uninstall this please just tell me as I feel like I am bothering you all here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 07, 2014 Sep 07, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Re-reading your original post, it seems that you have a problem with Chrome, not Flash Player.  I am confused why you want to uninstall Flash Player, when your problem is with Chrome.

Maybe you should try to update Chrome to the latest version, and see if the problem goes away?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 08, 2014 Sep 08, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Baby_Brat,

I apologize for the frustration you're experiencing.

I think some of the confusion lies in the terminology being used.  "Adobe® Flash® Player Installer/Uninstaller 14.0 r0" is Adobe Flash Player, however, no one refers to it by that name.  The only place you'll find the term "Adobe® Flash® Player Installer/Uninstaller 14.0 r0" is in the File Properties > Details > File Name.  Referring to it by that name is very confusing, and may be leading to some of the confusion in your post and to those attempting to help you.

From reading your first post, I agree with Pat that you have a corrupt Google Chrome installation.  You may want to uninstall Chrome and delete your Google Chrome profile and then re-install Google Chrome.  You'll want to save any bookmarks you may have saved, and make note of any add-ons/extensions you have installed as deleting the profile deletes this information as well.  Alternatively, you can create a new profile and and delete the old profile.  Here's some info from Google on uninstalling Chrome and creating a new profile:

Also, if you did install Flash Player manually and want to remove it use the Windows uninstaller in the links Jeromie provided.

HTH.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maria

Thank you for that kind message I was getting very frusrated & feel as I just should have never mentioned anything other then the uninstaller. But the reason I called it that was because that is what it is called on my computer. I even looked at the properties to make sure. It was also called that where I downloaded it on your alls site, but I can see how it could get very confusing being called that.

I do appreciae your information n the chrome issue & I will go do that I had no idea how to do that & that was my next place to go as soon as I got this all settled here. But now you have saved me from going through another bad experience. I don't mean to say everyone was not nice it was just no one knew what I was saying & I am not very good with computers so it was just very hard to get straight.

I guess I will be leaving the uninstaller on my computer since no one knows how to get it off. I just neeeded to clear somethiings off of my computer & that seemed like a ood one to go as I did not see any reason to have it any more. Maybe in the future there will be a tuturial on how to uninstall it & I will be able to get it off then.

Thanks to all of you for all your work & for putting up with me.

Theresa

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 09, 2014 Sep 09, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Baby Brat,

Regarding "It was also called that where I downloaded it on your alls site, but I can see how it could get very confusing being called that." Please provide the URL on the Adobe website where the Flash Player is referred to as 'uninstaller.  Aside from the Flash Player uninstaller, Flash Player itself is not referred to as 'uninstaller'.

Jeromie has provided the URL to the help page that has the uninstaller for you to uninstall Flash Player.  Please download it and run it so that it removes Flash Player, again, it will not remove the Flash Player embedded in Chrome.

After running the uninstaller, restart your computer and do the following:

• Go to the C:\Windows\System32\Macromed\Flash directory (if you have a 64-bit OS, go to C:\Windows\SysWow64\Macromed\Flash as well).  You should not see any Flash Player related files in this directory after uninstalling and rebooting.
  • Launch the Control Panel and go to All Control Panel Items\Programs and Features.  You should not see 'Adobe Flash Player ActiveX' or Adobe Flash Player Plugin' listed.
    • The actual steps to get there depend on how you have your Control Panel view settings configured.  In 'Category' view you'll see Programs > Uninstall a program. In 'Large' or 'Small' icon view you'll see 'Programs and Features'.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 09, 2014 Sep 09, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maria

I can not find the link where I found the uninstaller I did not save it but I did take a screen shot of my desk top & opened the uninstaller up to properties to show you all what it is called. So that is where I got the name from. I thank you all again for all your help I am now on my way to uninstall Chrome & transfer bookmarks & create a new browser profile so wish mr luck.uninstall_flash_player.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Pat

I am so sorry for the confussion but I simply just wanted to get it off my computer, I am cleaning my computer off of unwanted programs to save space & since I no loger need this I want to get rid of it. Maria understood the whole problem & realized what I was talking about that it is not Flash Player I am trying to get rid of you can just read her post it explains it.

I was waiting to fix Chrome until I got this situation fixed with you all I can only handle one thing at a time as I do not know much about computers so I did not want to get things mixed up. So since no one knows how to uninstall what I need to uninstall it will have to stay on my computer & I will continue on to the next issue which is dealing with Chrome.

Thank you all for trying to help me I do appreciate it

Theresa

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I believe he's asking about uninstalling the Adobe Flash Player INSTALLER/UNINSTALLER program, NOT the Flash Player itself. I too would like to know.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes finally someone gets what I am talking about. Thank you so much The Warrant. I still have it on my computer because no one could understand what I was talking about & I did not know how else to say it. I showed a picture & everything. So please if you get an answer on how to get it uninstalled please post it for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just drag it to the recycle bin.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 21, 2014 Sep 21, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Image 171.jpg

(The pic shows the self restarting process as listed in Task Manager)

Drag WHAT to the recycle bin? Also, dragging something to the recycle bin does NOT uninstall it. I believe it's an ActiveX program, but when I tried to uninstall it via the Programs link in the Control Panel it said it would uninstall Flash Player itself. Without Flash Player it'd be hard to view internet videos. Flash Player installer/uninstaller seems to be integral to the Flash Player program, unfortunately, although it didn't used to be, and every time I stop the process via Task Manager it restarts itself within a few seconds. I'd like to find out if it really is an integral part, and if it CAN be uninstalled or deactivated on its own without having to uninstall the entire Flash Player program. It's a real nuisance. As a "staff" member, can you please explain how to drag a functioning program to the recycle bin? There is a big differenced between "deleting" and "uninstalling". What we're trying to do here is UNINSTALL the Flash Player installer/uninstaller that restarts itself when the process is stopped.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 22, 2014 Sep 22, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

'Flash Player INSTALLER/UNINSTALLER program' IS the Flash Player installer, or uninstaller.  Both have the same program description, as noted in BabyBrat's last screenshot.  In the screenshot, the program description is "Adobe Flash Player Installer/Unisntaller'  This is NOT the program name, which, is 'uninstall_flash_player' as noted in the window title.

In The Warrant's screen shot of 21-Sept, FlashUtil32_14_0_0_145_ActiveX.exe process starts if necessary by Internet Explorer to perform some Flash Player operations. After it is no longer needed, the process terminates itself, although, there are times where it may remain for up to 5 or 10 minutes after the browser has been terminated.

To uninstall Flash Player, make sure all apps that use Flash Player (e.g. browsers) and processes (e.g. the one in The Warrant's screenshot) have been terminated and then execute the Flash Player Uninstaller (the program in BabyBrat's last screenshot).  This will remove Flash Player from the system.  After Flash Player has been removed from the system, you can delete the Flash Player Uninstaller from the system, by either right-clicking and selecting 'Delete' or dragging it to the recycle bin, as Jeromie indicates.

The confusion in this issue stems from referring to the Flash Player installer/uninstaller by a name that no one refers to it by, because the 'description' name was being used, not the actual program name.

I hope this clarifies terminology for all and resolves the issue.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines