• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Framemaker 11: pdf does not "jump" to the link spot.

Aug 25, 2014 Aug 25, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have markers in a table side heading that I want a Xref to jump directly to (place the cursor in front of the text). It works in Frame, but when I save as>.pdf the link only jumps to the page and not the location  of the marker. Help???

PS...I am using Adobe Acrobat X to pdf.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

> I am using Adobe Acrobat X to pdf.

Save-as-PDF

Print-to-PDF or

Print-to-Ps & Distill

Is the referring Xref in the same document?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Sep 08, 2014 Sep 08, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using save as pdf. I suppose I should be specific and say "cross reference" instead of link (sorry about that).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How specifically are you making the hyperlink to the marker - examples of a link entry?

What is the property of the link (i.e. destination) when you inspect it in Acrobat?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

> ... the link only jumps to the page and not the location  of the marker.

So where is it going instead on the page?

And what PDF reader are you using?

You can set the zoom in most PDF readers to a very high value, so it becomes apparent where on the page the focus has moved to.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When the link is clicked, it goes to the page the destination is on, but does not go to where the marker is.

I am using Acrobat pro to pdf and view. Unfortunately I MUST use view as "fit page" when creating the pdf (Tech Pubs rules), so I cannot set a zoom factor.

However,  I DID zoom into the spot where the marker is located, and the pdf cursor does not show up there either.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

> Unfortunately I MUST use view as "fit page" when creating the pdf ...

That should be irrelevant. This is just about viewing the PDF in a reader.

Use marquee zoom to zoom in at some high mag on the hypertext. Click it. See where it goes, using -minus zoom in steps as necessary.

And once again, what reader are you using? Adobe Reader? Acrobat Pro? Acrobat Std? Stand-alone or from a web browser? Some 3rd-party reader or browser plugin?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Debby,

Using Acrobat, use the Link tool to check what the link properties specify for the destination, i.e. is a specific target or a page target.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines