Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

How to save a completed form that was created as a dynamic form, with expandable files?

Level 2

I have created a dynamic PDF form with expandable fields etc. As this is to be accessible for customers to completed, how can they save a completed copy on their own PC?

I tried it myself and I receive an error msg stating that I can only save a Blank Copy of this Form:  Data typed into this form will not be saved. Adobe Reader can only save a blank copy of this form.

How can I create a dynamic form (with expandable fields/flowable layout etc) that allows the applicant to not only complete the form but also, to save a completed copy?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi,

you need to add save rights to your form with Acrobat.

Open you form in Acrobat and then save it via File > Save As Other > Reader Extended PDF > Enable More Tools.

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi,

you need to add save rights to your form with Acrobat.

Open you form in Acrobat and then save it via File > Save As Other > Reader Extended PDF > Enable More Tools.

Level 2

Thanks! That worked , however I now have an additional issue.

While the form works in Internet Explorer (I'm using IE11), in that it's viewable, it opens and allows me to save etc) it doesn't work in Google Chrome and I'm getting the below error message:

Any ideas on why it doesn't display in Chrome and does in IE (I'm using the same PC and I'm using Adobe Reader XI)!

there are other PDF forms on site that are not dynamic but are fillable, and these are opening!

Thanks

670537_pastedImage_0.png

Level 10

Chrome comes with an own PDF viewer, which does not support XFA forms, so you'll only see the shell PDF (Please wait...).

To view XFA forms in Chrome you need to deactivate the build-in viewer and activate the Adobe Reader plugin.

PDF viewer - Chrome Help

Level 7

Here is the official word from Adobe, it also includes information to disable Firefox's default reader, assuming you have clients that use that browser.

XFA-based PDF forms on Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome

Level 2

Thanks a million. That worked a charm

Level 2

Thanks a million. That worked a charm