• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Default bullet RH 11

New Here ,
Sep 09, 2014 Sep 09, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unordered list are a problem for me. How can I change the default bullet for all bulleted unordered lists in my projects made in RH 11?

I can change them manually for each list again and again but there must be a way to change the default so I can simply use the button in the menu.

I tried to make changes in the HTML editor for styles. Without succes.

Where/how must I use List-style-image?

Aart Korstjens

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 10, 2014 Sep 10, 2014

I get the feeling you are not familiar with the Styles Pod. Look in View > Pods and select Styles and Formatting. Then select List styles in the dropdown. You need to define a style there.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you add a style UL to your CSS and set list image styling in the css, it will work for all unordered lists. Note that RoboHelp list styles can overwrite any styling set for the UL

Unfortunately, I don't believe you can add this style through the CSS editor, so you will have to add it to your CSS manually:

ul {

list-style-type: square;

}

For available styling, please see CSS list-style property

Though the styling will work, you won't see it correctly in RoboHelp Design Editor. This is because RoboHelp adds the list style to every list you create. Browsers correctly show the styling from the CSS, but the design editor doesn't.

Kind regards,

Willam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For single level lists, you can use an image in the Rh editor. Go to the Styles pod, right click and select New > List Style and click the bullet icon, then you will see an option to add an image or select a different bullet.

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Peter,

In the styles pod I cannot add an image in RH11.Knipsel.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Click the bullet icon.

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK. In the styles editor (both HTML and CSS) I see the right bullet now.Knipsel.PNG

But, as Willam said, I cannot see them in the RH Design Editor. There I still see the normal default bullet.

But I also don't see the new bullet when I open the .htm file in any browser .

I think I am still doing something wrong. Peter and Willam, thank you for your patience.

Aart

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I open the .htm with Dreamweaver I can see the right bullet on my screen!

But IE/Firefox/Chrome/Opera/Safari don't show the right bullet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Perhaps try adding the bullet image to your Baggage Files.

Locate Baggage Files in your Project Manager. Right-click and choose to add a new Baggage File. Then browse to and select the image.

Then test and see if the bullet appears.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rick,

Knipsel.PNG

I found the bagagefile. Now I see the bullet there. But it does not solve my problem.

Aart

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think the default square used when you make a default unordered bulleted list with the list-button must be somewhere in RH11. I cannot find it! It is not in the standard Folder named Bullets.

Aart

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 10, 2014 Sep 10, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm lost as to where you are now with this problem. You seem to be talking now about a square bullet rather than an image.

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Peter,

Sorry for the misunderstanding. I want to change any standard bullet (square or whatever it may be) replacedby my own image.

I had a simple thought. When I could find any standard bullet somewhere in some folder in RH11, and I could replace it by my own image, the problem could be solved? I already found a map with bullets but the standard bullets are not in that folder.

Aart

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The standard bullet is from a font, it is not an image, so you have to decide on font bullet or image. Image seems to be what you want.

I will try to replicate what you are doing later.

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Peter,

Aha,now I know why I cannot replace it. But I still want to use my own image as a bullet .

I will wait till your next answer.

Aart

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Before I set up a test, please confirm that when you select Lists in the Style Pod you are seeing the list style you created with image and it is applied to the list.

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Peter,

When I open Styles/List Styles/Edit Selected item, I see the image somewhere in "Paragraph Preview".1.PNG

When I open the default.css in the Project Manager by clicking Edit or Edit with CSS Manager I see the same.

When I open the default.css by clicking Edit with HTML editor or open it in my Dreamweaver program I see 2.PNG

I hope I gave you enough information now.

Aart

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I get the feeling you are not familiar with the Styles Pod. Look in View > Pods and select Styles and Formatting. Then select List styles in the dropdown. You need to define a style there.

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Peter,

Problem solved!!!!! I did it the wrong way.

Thank you.

Greetings from sunny Netherlands.

Aart

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great.

"Greet" from the UK (not so sunny). Dutch learned from this forum, it's my only word!

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 11, 2014 Sep 11, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry to disappoint Peter, but "Greet" itsn't Dutch. It's just a literal translation of Dutch "Groet", meeing "Greetings". Try "Groeten" tje next time 😉

Met vriendelijke groeten,

Willam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 15, 2014 Sep 15, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

My only word minus one then. I'll stick to English then. Seems to work in most places.

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Willam,

I understand what you mean but I want to use a special .png image as a bullet.

I can use that image through the Format/List option, than choose that .png but I have to do that again and again.

I try to change the default square!

Aart

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's why Willam and I are suggesting different ways.

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp