• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Desperate plea for help with installing Adobe Flash Player on a Mac with latest OSX

New Here ,
Jul 12, 2014 Jul 12, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good evening. I have to no avail since mid-June been struggling to get Adobe Flash Player installed. I have tried EVERY step listed on the site and the links in the posts here. Multiple times I have sought help from Apple Customer Care--who are wonderful and accessible--they and I have done many technical things seeking to resolve this problem. I have a MacBookPro with the latest OSX. Nothing has worked whether Safe Mode, alternate users, resetting all sorts of settings. I am extremely disappointed that no one seems able to help. I can download Adobe but the installer freezes up, I get the spinning rainbow beach ball, and eventually a generic error message saying an error has been encountered. Close this window and try downloading again.

I am baffled as to why there is no adequate and quick Customer care available but am earnestly seeking for anyone who can help me to overcome this problem and get Adobe Flash Player installed.

Thank you very much!

TB

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 09, 2014 Sep 09, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Taalleraar ! (sounds like Dutch language, is that correct ?)

I do have the same problems as you have described, exactly the same hardware and do recognize your problem for 100%. Even the official Apple Dealer (MacForum) in Karlstad, Sweden could not help me.

I'm wondering why there is no reaction at all. Strange ! Nobody else with the same problems ?

This is my last opportunity to get it working.

Hope to hear from you. Borgviking

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 09, 2014 Sep 09, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello,

Are you using the online installer from get.adobe.com/flashplayer, or the offline installer from Installation problems | Flash Player | Mac.  Also, stating "I've tried everything possible" is quite general and I can't begin to provide assistance, other than asking which installer you've tried, based on that general statement.  We are aware of using having problems installing Flash Player using the online installer, however, we have been unable to reproduce the behaviour on the machines we have.  Usually the offline installer works.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines