• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

App Store must be built with Xcode 5.1.1 or later !

Contributor ,
Sep 09, 2014 Sep 09, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just upload a new binary to one of my apps to iTunes but I got the following error when I submit for review:

Apps and app updates submitted to the App Store must be built with Xcode 5.1.1 or later, and iOS 7 SDK.

TOPICS
Air beta

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Contributor , Sep 09, 2014 Sep 09, 2014

Adobe was just released the official AIR 15.0.

I ventured to update my app to AIR 15.0. I Did a general test and uploaded the new binary and voilá. It worked (btw the new binary with AIR 15 is now a little smaller).

Votes

Translate

Translate
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I used AIR 14

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Today I used AIR 14.0.0.178 and got this message:

This bundle is invalid - New apps and app updates submitted to the App Store must be built with public (GM) versions of Xcode 5.1.1 or higher and iOS 7 SDK. Do not submit apps built with beta software.

Something new that I don´t know?

Thank´s

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe was just released the official AIR 15.0.

I ventured to update my app to AIR 15.0. I Did a general test and uploaded the new binary and voilá. It worked (btw the new binary with AIR 15 is now a little smaller).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi hferreira.80@gmail.com

I just followed your advice. I will wait for Apple´s reply and let you know.

Thank´s

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Sep 10, 2014 Sep 10, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Were you able to submit this new app, and did not get the iTunes Connect email hours later stating "This bundle is invalid"?  I've also updated to AIR 15, but it continues to use Xcode 5.0.2 instead of XCode 5.1.1 (just like AIR 14), so I would imagine this would continue to be rejected.  We never received an error from Application Loader when uploading, but we did get one hours later in an email stating that it was invalid.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My app continue with the status: "Waiting For Review" that is perfectly normal in Apple environment but with your comment I have to wait for the worst. Let's see.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First upload got the email few hours later. Second upload (updated to AIR 15) was more than twelve hours ago and no email from iTunes Connect. But who knows...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Pretty sure that if it says Waiting for Review it got past the other tests.

I have an app that has been waiting for review for about 8 days, which is relatively long these days. But, they did just go through a major redesign of iTunesConnect, and that might have slowed things down.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As a matter of fact my app status was "Waiting for Review" and then came the email with the statement we are talking about.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did the app come out of waiting for review after you got the email?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Our first upload yesterday (using AIR 14) also said "Waiting for Review" for a couple hours, then after we got the email it changed back to "Prepare for Submission".

@Colin on the plus side, it doesn't seem like this affects apps that have been waiting in review since before this change --- we also had a different app waiting in review for 11+ days, and it was just finally approved last night (and apparently wasn't subject to the rules about using XCode 5.1.1, since it was from AIR 14).  So at least hopefully your app that's already been waiting will go through fine. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is the STATUS HISTORY of my app in iTunes Conect:

September 09, 2014 17:45

Waiting For Review

September 09, 2014 17:21

Prepare for Upload

September 09, 2014 15:33

Invalid Binary

September 09, 2014 12:58

Waiting For Review

September 09, 2014 12:09   

Prepare for Upload

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does anyone can confirm that AIR 15.0.0.249 can be and can't be published to AppStore due xcode 5.1.1 issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can confirm that with AIR 14 (a version with SSL Google Play issue fixed) I can upload but the binary is automatically rejected because the XCode issue.

The exactly same app (minutes later) with official AIR 15 can upload and go directly to waiting for review without any error or warning (at least until the time I'm writing this post ).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

waiting for review but actually not accepted as for now? Becase there is bugbase case opened Bug#3821892 - AIR apps rejected for iOS - Not built using XCode 5.1.1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After expand my IPA, I can confirm that AIR 15 was build using XCode 5.0.2 and not 5.1.1.

Strange that this my second binary was not yet rejected. Probably will be.

I hope Adobe publish a hot fix soon (ie: rebuild AIR 15 using XCode 5.1.1).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

in case official Air 15.0.0.249 will not help

Could you please try this hotfix sdk labs.gamespoweredby.com/sdk/AIRSDK_Compiler_15_0_0_249_xcode511_hotfix_win.zip and report here could this help?

This is not official release version with GM 5.1.1 support. It's just my custom version

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will wait for the rejection (I could be in luck and my app be approved) and in case there is really a rejection than I will try your custom AIR.

This custom is compatible with Flex ?

I see that this is for Windows but I have a Mac !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dam. It compatible with AS3, not Flex.

Let me know when your app rejected or approved!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK. As soon I got new I will post back.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Sep 12, 2014 Sep 12, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anton Azarov - have you documented anywhere how you hotfix the SDK?  I'd definitely be interested in the process.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Sep 12, 2014 Sep 12, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't publish steps how to produce hotfixes because this is license agreement violation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Sep 15, 2014 Sep 15, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has anyone tried unzipping their IPA, modifying Info.plist to update DTXcode to 0511 and DTXcodeBuild to 5B1008 and re-zipping / resigning?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Sep 15, 2014 Sep 15, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My app is waiting for review (without automatically rejection) since day 10 (after I published with AIR 15).

Or I'm with luck or I'm just waiting for a waste of time to a manually rejection because the IPA generated with AIR 15 is not build with XCode GM.

Anyway, Adobe should publish a new release of AIR ASAP with XCode GM and then with XCode 6 final release when available. At least with XCode 6 ASAP after available. This will guarantee the future in a short term (at least until Apple change some requirement again).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines