• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

when is lightroom 6 released

Community Beginner ,
Sep 09, 2014 Sep 09, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When is adobe goning to release lightroom 6?   I am using LR 3 and want to upgrade.  But not to Version 5.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No announcement yet. You know as much as anyone else. So you should know how much we know.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't do the cloud thing. I want a program on MY computer..  I hate to go somewhere else for a program

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The cloud is just a way to license and download the software to your computer. The programs install locally the same as always, they are just licensed via a cloud login instead of a serial number.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, can I get the copy of lightroom 6 beta??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

WHAT Lightroom 6 Beta? Have you heard something that I haven't?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, we’re on LR 5.6, now, and maybe there’ll be LR 5.7, 5.8, 5.9, 5.9.1, 5.9.2, etc, over the next year, and then a LR 6, or maybe the next release will be LR 6.

You cannot get the answer you’re wanting at this point in time, which is if you upgrade to LR 5, now, will it be worth it, or will LR 6 be announced in another month or two and you’ve paid a upgrade price for only a short period month before having to pay it, again.

That is life, you balance the known costs against the unknown risks and benefits.

Adobe probably hopes you sign up for the PS+LR Photographer’s subscription for $10/month and not worry when versions of LR are released since you’re paying and you’ll get them whenever they come out.

LR5-serial-number: Click Buy next to LR 5: http://www.adobe.com/products/catalog/software._sl_id-contentfilter_sl_catalog_sl_software_sl_mostpopular.html

LR5-CC+PS-CC: https://creative.adobe.com/plans/photography

Or wait.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Private betas are invite only, and pubic release candidates are on Adobe Labs whenever they’re ready, so you can check there periodically, but as the first reply said, no one can say publically either because they don’t know, or they do but are legally bound not to say due to a non-disclosure agreement:

http://labs.adobe.com/

The best thing you can do is guess, based on the timing of past releases, although the cloud may have changed things a bit, since releases used to be timed to new PS versions. There were slightly less than 2 years between LR 3 and LR 4 and only slightly more than one year between LR 4 and LR 5, and LR 5 was only released a little over a year ago and we just had a new PS CC 2014 version a few months ago without a new LR version:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adobe_Photoshop_Lightroom#History

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why not upgrade to Lr5? That is the option right now and likely for some time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Sep 10, 2014 Sep 10, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Accidental release of a Lightroom 6 books details on Amazon Germany indicate the imminent release of Lightroom 6.   Possibly on September 16th at Photokina 2014 in Cologne?   This of course will be the BETA version rather than the retail version which is reported widely to be fully released in March 2015.

I would not buy Lightroom 5.6 or be tempted by the Cloud.  Wait a week or two and get the Lightroom 6 beta and use it until the full retail is released.   To purchase the 'Old product' of Lightroom 5 now would be foolhardy.

Just so anyone is fully clear, no one working for Adobe or wanting to stay on the 'good side' of Adobe in these forums will release any information about Lightroom 6 before Adobe actually makes the formal announcement.  You just cannot get the answer in these forums!  I am sure they will confirm that they either know the release date and cannot say or they just do not know.

Just wait a littel Jim0740 I am sure you will benefit.  It is always worth waiting as when a new release takes place their is little effort by Adobe to sweep up newer cameras raw formats for compatibility in older versions.  I still use LR4 and I am sure you will see many benefits in LR6.  I will get LR6 myself as LR4 just does not support my Nikon RAW files despite Adobe flunkies in this very forum insisting that Adobe do not abandon the owners of older versions of LR.  I am sure Jim0740 will know what I am talking about if he is using LR3 (which I also have)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

an, Thank you for the info. I also couldn't see buying v 5 when 6 is coming out in a few months. I really like the LR version 3 I have now, but there is a bunch that it can't do..

Jim

-

DumbMarine <forums_noreply@adobe.com> wrote:

DumbMarine created the discussion

"when is lightroom 6 released"

To view the discussion, visit: https://forums.adobe.com/message/6718019#6718019

>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jim0740 what OS do you have? LR5 needs OSX 10.7+ or Windows 7+. Not sure what LR 6 would need for minimums.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good point.   Both Win 7 and 8 both backwardly support Win XP sp2 and onwards programs.  May not help but at least a move is possible.  LR 5 does not support GPU acceleration and it is unlikely LR 6 will either.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am running windows 8.1 on a HP laptop

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

DumbMarine

DumbMarine wrote:

Accidental release of a Lightroom 6 books details on Amazon Germany indicate the imminent release of Lightroom 6.   Possibly on September 16th at Photokina 2014 in Cologne?   This of course will be the BETA version rather than the retail version which is reported widely to be fully released in March 2015.

I would not buy Lightroom 5.6 or be tempted by the Cloud.  Wait a week or two and get the Lightroom 6 beta and use it until the full retail is released.   To purchase the 'Old product' of Lightroom 5 now would be foolhardy.

Just so anyone is fully clear, no one working for Adobe or wanting to stay on the 'good side' of Adobe in these forums will release any information about Lightroom 6 before Adobe actually makes the formal announcement.  You just cannot get the answer in these forums!  I am sure they will confirm that they either know the release date and cannot say or they just do not know.

Just wait a littel Jim0740 I am sure you will benefit.  It is always worth waiting as when a new release takes place their is little effort by Adobe to sweep up newer cameras raw formats for compatibility in older versions.  I still use LR4 and I am sure you will see many benefits in LR6.  I will get LR6 myself as LR4 just does not support my Nikon RAW files despite Adobe flunkies in this very forum insisting that Adobe do not abandon the owners of older versions of LR.  I am sure Jim0740 will know what I am talking about if he is using LR3 (which I also have)?

A few facts: Of course there will be a Lightroom 6.

Imminent release - Adobe cannot disclose release schedules for a number of reasons including; stock market regulations, unanticipated delays, etc.....

No one needs to keep on the "good side" of Adobe... people who have knowledge are bound by Non Disclosure Agreements and they are trusted. Do you not have an NDA from Adobe????

Adobe does not abandon older versions when new cameras arrive, users can simply download and use the latest DNG converter (at NO COST) and convert their new files to DNG which can be used by older Lightroom versions. Do camera manufacturers make such allowances for their older version software?? I think not.

Enjoy!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So Geoff u allude to having an Adobe NDA?  Does that not make u one of the corporate flunkies who pop up on here to make apologies for the corporation? 

You would do better trying to honestly helping the thread originator rather than making a feeble attack on my post.

It is a fact that Adobe do not support new cameras by allowing working new ACE versions forcing third party of alternative steps (dng-conversion).  Case proven I think.

By the way I know like a devout Adobian u can see no wrong but it is a fact that camera manufacturers do maintain their software and give away updates for free?

For a man obsessed with facts u need to get them right .....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please read the guidelines to your participation:

https://forums.adobe.com/community/guidelines

And particularly:

"Don't

• Infringe copyright. Submit only original material that you create and own.
  • Use obscene or offensive language.
  • Personally attack people, their edits, or their comments.
  • Rant or otherwise harass, abuse, or intimidate others.
  • Post anything you don't want the world to see. This is a public space.
  • Post content that violates Adobe Community Help guidelines or Adobe.com Terms of Use in any manner.
  • Be afraid to identify errors or shortcomings in Adobe content. We need to know!
  • Discuss legal issues or Adobe patents.
  • Discuss information covered by a nondisclosure agreement, such as prerelease features."

I did not  allude to having an NDA, that is your assumption.....

DNG conversion is not a third party alternative.

Name the camera manufacturers.

I'm not obsessed at all...

By the way what was the last release by Adobe at Photokina??? Is Photokina still operating??? Oh and by the way I have worked at Photokina in the past .......

To finish, feature requests need to be made at Photoshop.com, not here so any discussion of features for Lightroom 6 here is unlikely to gain any traction.....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is a NDA?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

NDA=Non-Disclosure-Agreement, which is a legally binding contract that basically says you can’t discuss internal things with outsiders.  The reporters coming to the embargoed Adobe Photokina-timed private news conferences next week would be under similar agreements.  Beta testers have NDAs.  Adobe insiders that are not authorized to speak publically for the company have NDAs or something similar.

Violating an NDA can lead to prosecution and termination of the relationship with Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photokina exists:  www.photokina.com

Lightroom (1.0) Beta 4 was released at Photokina in 2006:  Photokina: Adobe Releases Lightroom Beta 4 - Mac Rumors

Rumors exist: www.google.com/#q=Adobe+Photokina+announcement

Lightroom 6 is not mentioned so may or may not exist in the context of these rumors.

Regarding the story in June about Amazon.de accidentally listing a LR 6 book for release on Aug 31 (now in the past), the listing still exists but the release date for the book now says March 15, 2015 which is 6 months from now and if the date could be changed once, it could be changed, again. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Sep 11, 2014 Sep 11, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where is the confirmation Ian???? Just rumours and speculation. Point to the Adobe official announcement please??

The splash screen shown is just Lr5 with the number Photoshopped..... duh

The fact is those with any knowledge cannot say anything and those without knowledge guess. That's the way it has always been and still is.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Geoff,

Yes the photo-shopped splash image had been there many months.  I think anyone would know that .......... perhaps not in NZ?

cheers

Ian

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Based upon a reported accidental sighting on Amazon-Germany in May is hardly confirmation of anything.  Quoting a source named Cyberland - who ever that is, is not confirmation. I was unable to find any original 'report' by Cyberland, only people reporting or attributing it to it/him/her. In June the same story was reported with a June 18th release date - again, hardly confirmation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just happens we know everything before you do ......... even now we are in tomorrow for you!!

And this is you final warning on posting outside guidelines.....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines