Expand my Community achievements bar.

Bound drop-down list export results as text from list rather than item value

Former Community Member

LiveCycle Designer: I have a table with 4 drop-down lists which are bound (I've manually added the drop down text in the list items box & selected the specific items values in Binding). The first drop-down list choice is a code that on selection populates the other three drop boxes with related information. I have an add row button under this. When the data is submitted the results for these lists are the list item values, but I need the list item text in the exported data. So, what I'd like is to know is this:

How do I write the script I need to change the bound item value in the result to text and where should put it on a change or exit event?

I've been searching for a day to find the answer with no luck. Thanks in advance.

2 Replies

Employee

Hello,

You should use the EXIT event for your script. I would also suggest to see the suggestions mentioned here.

how to get dropdown selected value

Help file link - LiveCycle ES2 * Adobe LiveCycle Designer ES2

If nothing works, is possible to upload the sample XDP here. Please follow the instructions mentioned here - How can I upload a document or other file attachment

~Deepak

Former Community Member

Thanks Deepak,

I can't upload a file. This is what I get when I try.

You are not allowed to create or update this content