• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Connect to RoboHelp Server 9 from RoboHelp 10.

New Here ,
Sep 10, 2014 Sep 10, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello.

I am using RH10 and want to connect to RoboHelp Server 9.

However, when I open the Connection List (File > Version Control > Add To Version Control), I can only see a connection to SharePoint. There is no Create button to enable me to add a new link.

Can anyone advise what I need to do to get this working as described in the RH10 Online Help?

Thanks.

Philip

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 10, 2014 Sep 10, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Philip

I think you are a bit confused. RoboHelp Server has nothing whatsoever to do with Source Control. What RoboHelp Server does is allow some management and reporting functions. You are likely confusing it with RoboSource Control.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 11, 2014 Sep 11, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Rick,

Thank you for your response.

Yes, I can see that I am confused by this issue.

But does RoboHelp Server still need to be connected to RH10 in some way? And also, how do I get hold of RoboSource Control?

These may seem like daft questions but I inherited a version of RH10 that was not using any form of Source Control (unless you count SharePoint, but even that was not used by my predecessors) so I am trying to get this up and running as quickly as possible so that more than one user can use RH10.

Thanks for your help.

Regards

Philip

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You only need Rh Server if you want its additional functionality such as reporting. In that case you would generate WebHelp Pro or FlashHelp Pro.

RoboSource Control is an option when installing. Hop over to the Source Control forum. I've heard Sharepoint is the easiest way to set up source control but I can't say what is the best, I don't need source control. Ask in that forum and someone will help you there. The forum is for all forms of source control, not just RoboSource Control.

Source Control

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello Peter,

Thank you for your reply and the additional information about Source Control. Much appreciated.

Regards

Philip

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp