• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

TOC won't open from CSH links consistently

Explorer ,
Aug 07, 2007 Aug 07, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have a help site for our online application built in RoboHelp. Embedded in our app are context-sensitive links to a WebHelp project.

However, using these links, it's inconsistent as to whether the TOC books opens or not when WebHelp launches. We've explored all the setup options in the TOC, and even with 2 topics set up with identical parameters, they can behave differently.

What's the trick?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 07, 2007 Aug 07, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this actually a synchronisation issue? Sometimes the book opens with the TOC synchronised and sometimes it is not synchronised so the book does not open?

Take a look at Snippet 1 on my site.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 08, 2007 Aug 08, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The TOC is set to sync in the single-source layout settings. I'm not sure what else could cause this. I've been trying to figure out if it's a case of the topic's parent book being linked to a topic, or the MapID being mapped to an actual topic or bookmark. Every combination still produces inconsistent results.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 09, 2007 Aug 09, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Hey, I am fighting the same prob now. Had difficulties with csh and FireFox: If a call pointed on a topic that was linked to in a book it would jump to the next higher book.
So, I hacked within whthost.js the function syncInit() starting at line 1018 so that the variable gInSync is able to have the value true after leaving the function.
Now, (and also without that hack), I am encountering the same problem in FireFox as Paul Columbo... and I am really a bit clueless.
Cheers
Falk

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp