• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After downgrade, WebHelp output displays as blank

New Here ,
Sep 10, 2014 Sep 10, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently had to temporarily use a newer version of the technical communications suite because of a computer crash, after which I had to go back to the older version -- the company I work at had a license to the older version.

Because I was working on RoboHelp 11, I couldn't open my projects when I was back to RH 10. I used the instructions in this post: Downgrade a RoboHelp Project | WvanWeelden.eu, and was able to open the project and make some changes, but when I generate to WebHelp and try to preview locally, I get a blank page on my browser. The only thing I see is a border between the supposed TOC and content, however there is nothing there. I tried to delete the CPD file, and to empty the SSL > WebHelp folder and re-generate, and I wasn't successful.

I wasn't encountering any problems with this project before the downgrade, so I suppose that is the cause, however I'm not sure what to do, and whether this means that the output won't display live as well as locally.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 11, 2014 Sep 11, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you applied all the Rh10 patches?

See Adobe - Support : RoboHelp Support Center : Service Releases and Willam's site where he has some excellent home brewed patches.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Peter! I will give these a try, although everything was working before the unexpected upgrade and then the downgrade back to 10. I wonder if something in that process has messed up the output.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Possibly but finding out what is another matter. First you have to rule out the known possible causes.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 15, 2014 Sep 15, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried to install the RH10 patches and no luck . Any ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, since I was trying to preview in Chrome, as I always do, I just thought to try the preview in IE. WebHelp seems to display perfectly. So it seems to be a Chrome issue - at least I know the output is OK (and our app works on IE only so that isn't an issue). I'll install the additional patch with the Chrome fix - the only one I haven't tried yet, and I'll see if that solves the Chrome issue as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Voila, this patch also fixed the Chrome issue

WebHelp doesn't load in Chrome and refreshes continuously

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp