Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to show layers of links???

Aug 07, 2007 Aug 07, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a report or view that shows all the links from a file...and keeps going? So if file A has a link to file B, and file B then has links to file D, E, & F, and so forth...to get a report that would show the entire 'spider web'? I know I can get the Topic References report, but that stops at the first level of linking. Is there anyway to delve deeper? We are a regulated industry and this is of great interest to our auditors.

Thanks!!!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can right click a topic in Project Manager and get a show links view or use the View Links tab.

Trouble is you cannot print that and it can get very difficult to follow. You cannot view the whole project, especially yours. Think of the screen size you would need.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep...I know...and that still stops at the first level. I was hoping that maybe someone knew of a sneaky way...or a separate tool that would do this. I may be stuck doing some of it manually for the auditors...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Teri -

I might have an answer...Microsoft Front Page (even the worst programs have SOMETHING good to offer).

FrontPage has a nice mapping report function...but alas, you can't print it!!!

You could also try Dream Weaver or do a search for some Open Source Software or other freeware that will crawl the project and report on the links.

Regards,
GEWB

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Really? Can you save the output to some format? If so...I'll pursue getting the software and see what I can do. Thanks!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Teri -

You could also try the freeware Xenu. Besides finding broken links, it will also build a sitemap for you...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Thanks Roger...that's what I'm hoping for...some software that can give me a 'map'. I'll look into it. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp