• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

when i download adobe flash player a black box pops up and it doesn't work.

Sep 09, 2014 Sep 09, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have downloaded adobe flash player multiple times. I have a windows 7 hp laptop when it gets to the end of the download i click run and a black box appears and the flash player doesn't work. what should i do?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 09, 2014 Sep 09, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Are you using the online installer downloaded from get.adobe.com/flashplayer, or the offline installer downloaded from Installation problems | Flash Player | Windows ?

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 11, 2014 Sep 11, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having this issue as well. I have tried using both the installer portion of the site, and the link on the troubleshoot page.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Sep 15, 2014 Sep 15, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

so have I and all that pops up is this stupid gray box .... this is all that happens when I try to download it and I would love for somebody to help me understand what's going on

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Albinaa,

That is the online installer from get.adobe.com/flashplayer.  Can you please try the offline installer posted at a the bottom Installation problems | Flash Player | Windows?  If so please post a screenshot as we've not received reports of the same thing happening with the offline installer, just the online installer, which we are not able to reproduce with the machines at our disposal.

Can you check to see if your graphics card driver is up to date?

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@m_vargas

maybe somehow you could be a bit more specific when it comes to downloading it offline. i did check my graphics and driver and it is up to date. i screenshotted above what keeps happening when i try to download it. it acts as if it's downloading and then all of a sudden a gray box appears and it stops.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What Maria means is that you should download and run the offline installers from the links under Still Having Problems? on http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/installation-problems-flash-player-windows.html#main-pars_tex...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 16, 2014 Sep 16, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi albinaaa,

Thank you for confirming the drivers are up to date.  I apologize for the confusion in terminology.  We refer to the installer downloaded from get.adobe.com/flashplayer as the online installer because it is simply an installer shim, less than 2MB that then downloads and installs Flash Player silently.  This requires users to be 'online' for the installation process to work.  What we refer to as the offline installers are the full installers (roughly 15 - 18 MB) that you download and then install Flash Player, which does not require an internet connection as nothing is downloaded silently in the background during installation.

As I mentioned before, we have received these reports of the online installer displaying without text, however, we have not been able to reproduce, and therefore, the reason I asked you to try the offline installer, since we have not received these reports with the offline installer.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines