Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Pressing F1 does not expand the TOC in MS HTML Help

New Here ,
Aug 03, 2007 Aug 03, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using version 6 of RoboHelp.

When my users click F1 in my software application, I want the TOC to expand on the left-hand side of the Microsoft HTML Help window so they can see the page that is displayed to them. I've checked the "Always Show Selection" box in the HTML Help - Advanced Settings - TOC Styles window. However, when I compile, it doesn't work.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 03, 2007 Aug 03, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi vaprocura

I think you may be confusing the "Always show selection" setting with another that is related. Its name is "Auto-synchronize TOC". This setting is found in the properties for your project window.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 07, 2007 Aug 07, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I've activated the Auto-synchronize TOC checkbox like you said. This works. However, it only works in some of my projects. In the other projects, it doesn't work. This has me stumped because it works just fine in some of the projects.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,
Aug 08, 2007 Aug 08, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi again

Okay, call me silly here but I gotta ask. Are you absolutely certain these topics exist in the TOC? I know I may sound crazy, but I do like to check the basics first.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 09, 2007 Aug 09, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
I've been doing some experimenting with the options in that Windows Properties dialog box found under Edit-Windows.

I created a brand new test project, which contains only one topic. I added that one topic to the TOC. Then, I performed 2 tests as follows:

Test 1: I selected Windows from the Edit menu to open the Windows Properties dialog box. I looked at the Search checkbox to make sure it was checked on. I generated my primary layout. In the Microsoft HTML Help window, there was, indeed, a Search tab.

Test 2: I re-opened the Windows Properties dialog box and removed the checkmark from the Search box. I generated my primary layout again. However, the Search tab still appeared in the Microsoft HTML Help window, even though I unchecked the box.

Test 3: I changed the content of one page of my project. Then, I re-generated my primary layout again. This time, the Search tab disappeared from the Microsoft HTML Help window.

In summary, it appears that the options in the Windows Properties dialog box do not affect the primary layout unless some content in the project is changed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp