• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash Player will not install on Mac OS X Version 10.9.4

New Here ,
Aug 26, 2014 Aug 26, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been spending hours trying to resolve this problem. I have uninstalled & installed the Flash Player numerous times without success. Currently, Adobe website says I do not even have the Flash Player installed even though I received the box telling me that it has been installed successfully. I have followed several discussion threads trying to resolve this on my own.

HELP!

I am using a MacBook Pro, OS X version 10.9.4 running Safari 7.0.6. I am trying to install the latest version on the Flash Player.

Yes, I close Safari each time I have tried to download. Yes, Java Script is enabled.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 27, 2014 Aug 27, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello kouponkim,

Does the installer fail with an error or does it complete successfully?  If it fails with an error, please post a screenshot.

Flash Player files are installed to the /Library/Internet Plug-ins directory.  Do you see 'Flash Player.plugin' in that directory?

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 29, 2014 Aug 29, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It completes successfully or so it says. I get through all 3 steps.

No I do not see it in that file folder. Yes, I know how to find the library/Internet Plug-ins file (it is hidden in version 10.9.4 but I know how to find it).

Sorry for delay in responding. This is still very important to me to get this fixed. I manage a website that utilizes flash player.

Kim

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 08, 2014 Sep 08, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. I am still unable to use the latest Flash Player.

Kim

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 09, 2014 Sep 09, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kim,

If you're not seeing 'Flash Player.plugin' in the /Library/Internet Plug-ins directory then it is not installed.  The browsers know to find Flash Player in that directory.

Please provide screenshots of the installation completion screen (How to post a screenshot in the forum).

Thank you.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 11, 2014 Sep 11, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is what I get every time I installed the plug in.

The Flash Player is not in /Library/Internet Plug-ins directory. How do I get it in there?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 12, 2014 Sep 12, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See screen shots. Said it installed it but still not there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kim,

There are no screenshots posted.  Along with posting the screenshot, please provide the following install log files:

• /private/var/logs/install.log
  • /Users/YourUserID/Library/Logs/FlashPlayerInstallManager.log

Both log files will be fairly large. Instead of posting them in you're reply, you can follow the instructions here to upload them, How to share a document.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Before I go through the process of signing up with Adobe ID. I don’t know where to look for those 2 logs.

I searched Finder. install.log did return a few but the dates are years old. Snd FlashPlayerinstallManager.log returned nothing.

Kim

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

You already have an Adobe ID. It's what you're using to log into the forums.

You can use the Console app to view the log files.  Open Console (in /Applications/Utilities).  A list of log files will appear on the left and the content on the right. Search through the list for the files, FlashPlayerInstallManager.log will be in ~/Library/Logs and install.log will be in /var/log, then right-click on the file and select "Reveal in Finder".  If you don't have right-click enabled in your mouse, you can select the file, then on the main Console menu select File > Reveal in Finder.

There should be a current versions of these files.  Flash Player creates/writes to FlashPlayerInstallManager.log every time Flash Player is installed or uninstalled and install.log file is a system file that is written to every time an application is installed.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you running any AntiVirus/AntiMalware software that may accidentally be preventing the installation?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No I am not.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines