• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Presenter 10 - trouble importing movie

Explorer ,
Sep 12, 2014 Sep 12, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anyone else have trouble importing a  movie file using Presenter? I know that movie files need to be inserted via the Presenter tab right?

I've tried both an .avi and .mov file and get an error "There was an error encoding the file".

Thanks for the help.

TOPICS
Presenter

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Sep 12, 2014 Sep 12, 2014

Do you have another program that can encode the videos to FLV or MP4 before you bring them into Presenter? I've never found the conversion tool in Presenter terribly useful. Maybe it is the loss of control, but I prefer to have more options than Low, Medium and High when converting my videos.

If the videos are converted elsewhere, then it will remove the converter in Presenter from the process, and should work around this problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have another program that can encode the videos to FLV or MP4 before you bring them into Presenter? I've never found the conversion tool in Presenter terribly useful. Maybe it is the loss of control, but I prefer to have more options than Low, Medium and High when converting my videos.

If the videos are converted elsewhere, then it will remove the converter in Presenter from the process, and should work around this problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I noticed that Presenter tried to convert these movies and failed. You are correct about the .mp4 format. These movies worked fine. I'll just make note to tell people to convert movies they plan on using to .mp4 for use in Presenter projects. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources