• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash content hard crashes computer, no matter what I do

New Here ,
Sep 11, 2014 Sep 11, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have gone to the end of the earth to find a solution to this problem and I cannot figure it out.

I've tried older video drivers(nvidia, gtx460), I've tried newest, a little older.

I've tried as many different versions of Flash player I could find

Both combinations of flash player and video driver have been interchanged with more combinations than a Yahtzee dice game.

Computer build is less than a year old.

This crash was happening for a couple weeks very intermittently, then it got worse, then one of the lockups CAUSED BY FLASH to caused my operating system to become corrupt. THEN, even after a full format and reinstall, FLASH STILL CRASHED MY COMPUTER.

Every single piece of computer hardware has been stress tested and temperature monitored.

New PSU was installed (corsair hx750)

Tried a different Graphics card.

Nothing. And I mean NOTHING. Stops my computer from hard crashing from flash content(videos mostly).

It causes either a complete powerdown INSTANTLY, then my computer restarts. OR the other crash it does is complete LOCKUP with a horrible sounding static sound loop.

Please help!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please disable hardware acceleration, as described here: Video playback issues

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

... Tried it already. And how has that been confirmed as "Correct answer" already? Is my thread now marked solved and now useless? I hate when beginners chime in so aggressively. I've tried everything.

I need more in depth answers than that, I'm not new to computers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cute.  If Hardware is disabled, it's not hitting your GPU. 

The following specifics would be helpful in determining next steps.

Read Before Posting: How To Get A Useful Answer To Your Question

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 12, 2014 Sep 12, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

• W7 SP1  Build 7601
  • Firefox 32.0
  • Flash 15.0.0.152
  • Already explained
  • No page that shows problem.

No error events occur within 5 minutes before the crash which is strange.

no events.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cool.  Windows should log minidumps when you encounter the BSOD.  I'd be more than happy to take a look at them.  They should tell us exactly what's going on.

How to read dumpfiles after a blue screen of death - Microsoft Community

They'll be too big to attach directly, but the directions below will work well.

How to share a document

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Problem is it doesn't BSOD, ever, when flash causes the crash. Will windows create a dumpfile when it simply crashes or locks up?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was guessing that "crashed hard" meant BSOD.  What specific behavior do you experience?

Since it sounds like the crash is happening in Firefox, there's a decent chance that Firefox is logging it.

In the address bar, type about:crashes

You'll see a bunch of links with hashes for names

Click each link to submit it to the crash reporter (opening them in new tabs is fastest, since you don't actually need to look at the resulting page)

The link will turn purple and the name will change to start with "bp-".  Right click on that link and choose Copy Link Location.

Copy the paste in a reply here.  Repeat for a few crashes if you have a bunch listed.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I described it in my first post...

Within the first couple seconds of a video playing, or sometimes completely random, sometimes with no flash content playing(that i'm aware of),It fully locks up with a static noise loop or computer instantly shuts down, waits 3-5 seconds then reboots itself to the screen where windows lets you know it didnt shut down correctly and you choose which mode to boot into.

Firefox shows no crash records for any dates of the occurrences.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All I can really say about that is that you're the only person I'm seeing complaining of these systems.  With 1.2 billion users, we'd be hearing about it if Flash was somehow magically able to cause this through normal operation (it's not).  The fact that your machine is powering off points to a hardware problem. 

If you feel that you've exhausted your troubleshooting efforts there and are able to use the computer successfully without Flash Player installed, I'd recommend uninstalling:

Uninstall Flash Player | Windows

Alternatively, if you have a sound card that isn't built onto the motherboard chipsets, you might yank it and see if your system stability improves, since it sounds like you've done that with the video card already.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 13, 2014 Sep 13, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See that's how it is with everyone. They all just giveup. It does run fine without flash but Flash is a necessity... It cannot be a hardware problem I'm telling you right now. I've exhausted that variable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 04, 2014 Nov 04, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Welcome to the club. I have the exact same issue with my windows 7 computer. I've tried every fix out there, and only flash will crash it. And when I say crash, it's a hard crash no blue screen, instant reboot with no log. Very frustrating. Everything else works from downloaded videos in all formats other than flash, gaming etc. I just upgraded the video card recently and still no fix. There is obviously something going on with flash and the system or certain hardware setups that exploits some weird crash.

I have even tried disabling cores when playing flash content. I'd love to see the fix, and there are a lot more people out there having this problem, we just dont bother wasting our time getting on forums, because most threads have the exact same bs answers.

Anyhow, here is one more user having the issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 04, 2014 Nov 04, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows 7 automatically restarts instead of showing the BSOD.  You can disable this behavior.  If you can take a picture of the BSOD or copy down the pertinent data, it should tell us what DLL is crashing at least.  That would b a good start.

Prevent Windows 7 From Automatic Restart After System Failure

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 06, 2014 Nov 06, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hey, just following up.  I'm curious about whether either of you did this, and what the results were.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 14, 2014 Sep 14, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bump! Anyone else out there that knows what they're doing?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines