Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

whcshdata.htm or whcshdata.js

May 20, 2013 May 20, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It looks like after upgrading to Robohelp 10, the Webhelp compile no longer produces a "whcshdata.htm" file in the output, but instead produces "whcshdata.js." I can't find anything in RN about htis change, but wondering if anyone knows if this is true?

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 21, 2013 May 21, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to find out but why do you need to know? What problem is being created by this change?

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For one of our products, we use this file for context-sensitivity. After doing some testing this moring, it appears to be true that this file has changed from .htm to .js.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep, it has changed. How are you using that file? There are several ways of working with CSH in RoboHelp, but I’ve never encountered someone who was using whcshdata.htm directly.

Greet,

Willam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 27, 2013 Jun 27, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I am having trouble with the whcshdata.js file coming up empty when generating the context sensitive WebHelp. Is there a setting in RoboHelp 10 that I can change to fix this? We have successfully generated CS WebHelp before where the whcshdata.js file has included all the map IDs, etc. as it should. This time around, it is not working. We are building on the same RH 10 project file as before. What could be causing this problem? Thanks for helping.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 12, 2014 Sep 12, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

kathi511 Did this problem with the empty whcshdata.js ever get resolved? If so, how?

It appears that I've run into the same issue. After an upgrade from RH8 to RH11 I just cannot make RH generate a whcshdata.js which contains the mapping information. Instead the file only contains 2 boilerplate calls. If I manually add a corresponding SetCsh() call then context-sensitive help works.

I think I have all the settings correct. IDs are mapped under Project Set-up > Context-Sensitive Help > Map Files > All Map IDs.

SSL properties have the map .h file included in the content.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you ensure that you were fully patched up before upgrading the project? Does your whcshdata.js exist in the C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe RoboHelp 11\RoboHTML\WebHelp5Ext\template_csh\ folder?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, the file whcshdata.js exists in the location you mentioned. It does contain the line

%%%OutputWebHelpCshDataBlock.htm("SetCsh(%d,\"%s\",%u,\"%s\");\r\n");%%%

which I assume is what you are looking for.

I updated RH11 to the latest this morning. However, that was after migrating the project. Since then I opened and closed the project several times and the updated RH changed a few more project files. Now, RH actually closes properly when I close the application. Before it wouldn't do that either and I had to kill the process every time. So, this last problem seems to be gone but the whcshdata.js problem still remains.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Haven’t got a copy of RH11 to look at right now, but my RH10 has more lines than that (hope this comes through):

%%%OutputWebHelpWindowBlock.htm("addWindow(\"%s\",%s,%d,\"%s\",\"%s\",\"%s\",\"%s\",\"%s\",%d,%d,\"%s\",\"%s\");\r\n");%%%

%%%OutputRemoteProjectBlock.htm("addRemoteProject(\"%s\");\r\n");%%%

putCshData(gsProjPath,gaCsh,gaWindow,gaRmtProj);

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, I thought you were looking for a specific line in that file. Mine does look the same as yours. Here's the entire content:

%%%OutputWebHelpWindowBlock.htm("addWindow(\"%s\",%s,%d,\"%s\",\"%s\",\"%s\",\"%s\",\"%s\",%d,%d,\"%s\",\"%s\");\r\n");%%%
%%%OutputRemoteProjectBlock.htm("addRemoteProject(\"%s\");\r\n");%%%

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 15, 2014 Sep 15, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So the seed files are not the issue here. Do you have the map files selected in your SSL? They can be deselected when you upgrade.

Kind regards,

Willam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 15, 2014 Sep 15, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, they are selected. Please see my prior post regarding the settings I have.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 16, 2014 Sep 16, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah. I didn't see that.

Is it only this single project that is giving problems.

You can try removing all SSL's from your project and adding new SSL's to see whether that helps.

Kind regards,

Willam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 24, 2014 Sep 24, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for you help William. I finally resolved the problem. I went back to the original RH8 files and performed the project migration again.

RH11 crashed during the migration. I restarted it and it warned me that the project might be broken due to a failed migration.

Well, I told it to move on anyways. Generating the same SSL now creates the correct content in whcshdata.js.

I'm just keeping my fingers crossed that nothing else broke now.

The only advice I can give at this point is to make sure your RH11 installation is updated to the latest patches BEFORE you attempt a project migration.

That's the only thing I could think of that was different compared to the first time I migrated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 10, 2014 Oct 10, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Robohelp 11 and here is the content in my file

SetCsh(0,"AbsenceRequest_General",2000,"AbsenceRequest-General.htm");

addWindow("NewWindow",true,0,"","","","","NewWindow",2,2,"toc|ndx|nls|gls","toc");

I setup merged project following directions from Peter Grainge's site. I also setup mapids like how it was suggested for merged projects. When I try to invoke one of the pages with ids, it is going to the main page.

I tried three different ways as below and all three are behaving the same way -

1.http://localhost:84/Published/index.htm#<id=2000>>newwnd=false and 

2. javascript:RH_ShowHelp(0,"http://localhost:84/Published/index.htm>tims_help_window",HH_HELP_CONTEXT,2000)

3. CSH Test tool

Also, When I generate projects, .h and .ali files are not copied, why? I am suspecting this could be the problem.

Am I missing any settings?

Please help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 12, 2014 Oct 12, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry but I'm not able to help you on this one. Have you looked at Willam's site?

http://www.wvanweelden.eu

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 13, 2014 Oct 13, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

.h and .ali files are project files and not used in the output. The contents of these files will be copied into different files in the output.

If you call the child project directly, does the CSH work in that case?

Kind regards,

Willam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp