Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Best Quality Export format

Explorer ,
Sep 10, 2014 Sep 10, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Experts,

I am working on Premiere Elements 10. I want to export video in best quality. I will play video in Big TV from USB drive OR from YouTube OR through AirPlay OR through DVD.

But I see lot of options to save Video. Example: "HDTV 1080p 30 High Quality" / "MPEG2 1920x1080i 30" / "Adobe Flash Video" etc.

Which one gives high quality. I want to keep best quality video file permanently.

Thanks,

Anji

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Sep 13, 2014 Sep 13, 2014

TheAnji

If your source video is 1920 x 1080 @ 29.97 progressive frames per second, then your Premiere Elements 12 is not appropriate as set by the program. You should then set the project preset manually to

NTSC

DSLR

1080p

DSLR 1080p30 @ 29.97

As a side note, if you camera really does record at 30 progressive frames per second and not 29.97 progressive frames per second, then the project preset to set is

NTSC

DSLR

1080p

DSLR 1800p30

Try to verify that information in a test project, where you import the fil

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Sep 11, 2014 Sep 11, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

anji

The key to success is to select export whose format is supported by the player. Not all players support the same format on given media (disc, UBS Flash Drive, memory card).

If you could supply the supported format of your player for disc, USB Flash Drive, or memory card, I will give you suggestion for export of your Premiere Elements Timeline content to a file supported by your player(s).

What are the properties of your source media for the Premiere Elements 10 project and what are you setting as the project preset?

Thank you.

ATR

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 12, 2014 Sep 12, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Romano for replying.

I have Blu-ray player. and I can connect USB drive to my TV (55 Inch 4K TV) and play the video.

OR I want to upload video to YouTube and watch whenever I want. Which of these will give best quality?

Thanks

Anji

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My source media is from Canon 70D.

I didn't set the project settings. But the default settings I see is,

General      -    

Editing Mode:    HD 1080i

Time Base     :     29.97 fps

Video          :     1920 X 1080

Capture     -    

Capture format     :     HDV

Rendering     -    

Maximum Bit depth:     Unchecked

File Format     :     I-frame only MPEG

Compressor     :     MPEG I-frame

Optimize stills     :     Checked

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

TheAnji

Could you check your Canon 70D settings and let us know if your camera is recording

1920 x 1080 @ 30 or 24 progressive frames per second? Or something else like

1920 x 1080 @ 29.97 interlaced frames per second?

If the camera is recording 1080p, then we will need to set your project preset manually, using

a DSLR project preset.

Does your player manual specify what formats that it will support for playback on the USB Flash Drive?

Thanks.

ATR

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 13, 2014 Sep 13, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Romano,

My camera records video at 1920 x 1080 @ 30 fps.

My player supports all formats.

and which format is best for YouTube.

Thanks,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

TheAnji

If your source video is 1920 x 1080 @ 29.97 progressive frames per second, then your Premiere Elements 12 is not appropriate as set by the program. You should then set the project preset manually to

NTSC

DSLR

1080p

DSLR 1080p30 @ 29.97

As a side note, if you camera really does record at 30 progressive frames per second and not 29.97 progressive frames per second, then the project preset to set is

NTSC

DSLR

1080p

DSLR 1800p30

Try to verify that information in a test project, where you import the file in the project's Project Assets, right click its thumbnail there, select Interpret Footage, and check the Frame Rate section of the Interpret Footage dialog.

When it comes to export, please consider

Publish+Share

Computer

AVCHD

with Presets = MP4 H.264 1920 x 1080p30

(the defaults are suggested and should work well, but they can be customized under the Advanced Button/Video Tab and Audio Tab if necessary)

You would need to upload that file to YouTube at the YouTube web site.

You can upload your original Timeline content to YouTube from the Premiere Elements 12 YouTube feature, provided it meets the requirements of 2 GB 15 minutes. YouTube extended accords are obtained from YouTube and apply only to the video upload to YouTube at the YouTube web site not the Adobe feature.

The Adobe YouTube feature route would be

Publish+Share

Social Websites

YouTube

with the preset (not adjustable) should be High Definition Video for YouTube 1920 x 1080

From what I have read, YouTube converts the video to a flash file (presumed H.264.flv).

https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/1722171?hl=en

Please let us know if that is the information that you seek and if it works for you.

Thank you.

ATR

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you ....

I will change the source media setting to DSLR 1080p30. But I have already done some projects with wrong settings. Can I change the settings now and re-export again.

And I will follow the export setting suggested by you. thanks again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

TheAnji

Once the project preset for a project has been established you cannot change it. You start a new project. However, under certain circumstances, you can do that by editing the Notepad document of the saved closed project. However, often it is just as easy to start a new project.

ATR Premiere Elements Troubleshooting: PE11: Changing Project Settings Without Starting A New Projec...

But, projects that you have completed just may not reflect any problems in the project preset settings. You need to judge what you see and import the TImeline content as suggested.

Do the mini test run before the grand projects.

We will be looking forward to your results when your schedule permits.

Thanks for the follow ups.

ATR

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 29, 2014 Oct 29, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't mark it as answered. I see "No actions are available" when I click on Actions. I don't know why?

How I can give points to the answers?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

TheAnji

When you are the originator of a thread, you should be seeing green text "Correct" at the bottom left of each reply that was posted to your thread.

You can click on that green "Correct" to designate that particular reply as correct.

If there are forum problems so that you do not see that, then I am content just knowing that you are moving forward with your projects.

The theory behind that system is supposed to be that such designations help other viewers find answers. Often the system does not

meet its intent since many do not use the designation after the resolution is established.

Best wishes. Please do not hesitate to ask if you have questions on your Premiere Elements workflow.

ATR

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Got it.

I should check in the discussions rather than checking through the Inbox.

Thank you ... I marked this discussion as Answered.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

TheAnji

Many thanks.

And, many thanks for your contribution to others in asking your questions and being involved in the questions and answers

that followed.

We hope that our discussions in this thread will help other facing situations and questions as those that you encountered.

Best wishes

ATR

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines