Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Application error - an exception unknown software exception occurred

New Here ,
Apr 27, 2006 Apr 27, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have a big big problem with Robohelp HTML X5.0.1.
I have created a project of about 100 Mb size.
First, it takes a lot of time to open (but I have read on an other message that this is not abnormal so I can live with it!) but my big problem is that Robo crashes quite often when I modify the project.

I have noticed that this happens when I delete words of return-carriage mark ("ENTER" marks). I can delete 1, 2 sentences and then when I delete the 3d : it crashes.
I get the error "RoboHelp HTML - My project : RoboHTML.exe - Application error : The exception unknown software exception (0xc000001e) occurde in the application at location 0x039d8c5c. Click on OK to terminate the program. Click on CANCEL to debug the program."
I then click on "OK" and I receive a second message : "The instruction at "0x0a60e257" referenced memory at "0x00000011". The memory could not be "read". "
I click on "OK" and RoboHelp closes and I lose the work I have done so far .
I have already:
- desinstalled the software by following the procedure described on this website (diving into Regedit...);
- re-installed the software a lot of times (about 5 times!);
- I have desactivated the "background running programs" such as my anti-virus software;
... and I still get the same application error.
Please help me!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 28, 2006 Apr 28, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Welcome to the forum.

1] Was RH installed on your PC using your login with admin rights attached at the time of installation or was it installed by IT using one of their logins?

2] Is your project on your hard disk or a network drive?

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Peter,

Thanks for your quick response.
1. I installed Robo with Admin rights (and I'm also using Windows XP on administrator mode);
2. My project is on my hard disk --> local mode.

Maybe my XPJ file is corrupted therefore, I am following your advices to regenerate the XPJ and CPD files (found on your website) : I have already generated a CHM file, I have deleted the CPD and XPJ files and my computer is now opening the HHP file. Maybe this will help... I will keep you posted.
In the meantime, if you have other ideas, they are welcome!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you still have problems, try opening one of the supplied projects and see if that has the same problems.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 08, 2007 Aug 08, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,
I have the same problem with RH 6 it terminates, the following is displayed:"the exception unknown software exception (0x4000005) occurred in the application at location0x781346b6" and the only option is click OK to terminate the program.
Any ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello all,

Is there anything in this thread that might be of use.

Hope it helps,

Brian

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello OLH DEVELOPER -

Try reloading .NET 1.1 Framework plus all of the updates and security patches (will require numerous reboots/restarts) and see if that helps.

Regards,
GEWB

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 10, 2007 Aug 10, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,
I removed the process"CiceroUIWndFrame." responsible for "Speech and Handwriting Recognition" part of Office XP.I do not receive this error anymore.
Take a look at this site for the instruction on how to remove it:
http://www.attention-to-details.com/newslog/391-remove-cicerouiwndframe-to-avoid-crashes.asp

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Aug 10, 2007 Aug 10, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Great work OLH!!!!

Please consider marking your solution so others can search/find/benefit a little easier.

Regards,
GEWB

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp