Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

GPO Flash Install mixed versions of Flash

New Here ,
Sep 15, 2014 Sep 15, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have (about 600) Windows 7 client machines and a Server 2008 environment. We have a mix of Flash versions. Some installed by GPO and some installed manually. Some are up-to date (Version 15) and some are Flash 11.

Is there a way to get all client machines to version 15 by GPO.

If I create a new Flash deployment package (V15) will it update the older versions or install side by side, i.e run a old version with the new version... or will it go horribly wrong 😞

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Sep 15, 2014 Sep 15, 2014

Hi Jason,

Only one version of Flash Player for ActiveX (for IE browsers) or Plugin (non-IE browsers) can exist on a system, therefore, if you deploy and update to machines with version 11 those machines will be updated to the version you deploy to.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 15, 2014 Sep 15, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jason,

Only one version of Flash Player for ActiveX (for IE browsers) or Plugin (non-IE browsers) can exist on a system, therefore, if you deploy and update to machines with version 11 those machines will be updated to the version you deploy to.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 16, 2014 Sep 16, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you...

will this still work with the machines that have had it deployed via GPO. My other problem is my original MSI package is missing from the deployment share... so I would like to deploy version 15 to all machines by update and enforce the settings i.e noupdate?

As it stands:
I have previous deployed versions of flash 11 with the MSI missing from deployed share.
Some machines’ running version 15 installed by a local admin.
I’m trying to get all machines on version 15 via GPO and managed again by GPO.

Sorry if i did not make myself more clearer.

Thank you in advance

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 16, 2014 Sep 16, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you...

will this still work with the machines that have had it deployed via GPO. My other problem is my original MSI package is missing from the deployment share... so I would like to deploy version 15 to all machines by update and enforce the setting i.e noupdate?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines