• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

AMS 5.0.6 on AWS: Cannot log in to Administration Console

New Here ,
Aug 21, 2014 Aug 21, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've set up an instance of AMS on AWS via the one-click install through the marketplace, and can log in via SSH, but cannot log in to the Administration Console. I have followed the steps to set up the admin user for the AMS admin console:

1. Set the SERVER.ADMIN_USERNAME in /opt/adobe/ams/conf/ams.ini

2. Set the password via ./amsadmin -console -user [username] and verified that the salted password is written to conf/Users.xml

3. Restarted the server and adminserver via ./amsmgr and verified they are running

Yet I still cannot log in to the Administration Console. After entering the Public DNS, username and password, I receive the message: "Login attempt to the server below failed. Please verify your login information and try again." Are there any other ways to troubleshoot this issue?

Thank you!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 25, 2014 Aug 25, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You also need to set  SERVER.ADMINSERVER_HOSTPORT = :1111 in /opt/adobe/ams/conf/ams.ini

By default, SERVER.ADMINSERVER_HOSTPORT is left blank in /opt/adobe/ams/conf/ams.ini

For more details, please refer Adobe Media Server 5.0.5 * Managing the server for details.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 04, 2014 Sep 04, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also you need to make sure that ADMINSERVER_HOSTPORT  is allowed in the security group of your AWS instance...Make also make sure that amsadmin process is running on the server.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 04, 2014 Sep 04, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your reply. I've added TCP and UDP rules for 1111 in the Security Group settings, and checking the processes running as root, amsadmin is running like so:

15183 pts/0    00:00:00 amsmaster

15504 pts/0    00:00:00 amsadmin

I have also gone through the steps to reset the password again, yet I still cannot log in. Any troubleshooting tips would be greatly appreciated, as I'm at a dead end here!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 05, 2014 Sep 05, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you point me out to your aws instance ...so that i can have a look at it?

BTW,

I launched a fresh 5.0.6 instance and did the following steps on my putty terminal and amsadmin is working for me.

[amsadmin@ip-10-239-58-188 ams]$ history

1  cd /opt/adobe/ams

2  sudo ./server stop

3  vi conf/ams.ini   // Changed nothing in ams.ini here

4  sudo ./amsadmin -console -user admin // Set "password" as the password"

5  cat conf/Users.xml // Verified that salted hash is indeed available

6  sudo ./server start

7  sudo ./amsmgr adminserver start

8  curl "http://localhost:1111/admin/ping?auser=admin&apswd=password" // The result of this command was as below

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>

<result>

<level>status</level>

<code>NetConnection.Call.Success</code>

<timestamp>Fri 05 Sep 2014 12:20:20 PM UTC</timestamp>

</result>

9  history

Note that i used security group which has following permissions

Type

Protocol

Port Range

Source

SSH

TCP

0.0.0.0/0

HTTP

TCP

0.0.0.0/0

Custom TCP Rule

TCP

0.0.0.0/0

Custom TCP Rule

TCP

0.0.0.0/0

Custom UDP Rule

UDP

0.0.0.0/0

Custom UDP Rule

UDP

19350 - 19360

0.0.0.0/0

Please note that you need to modify Users.xml if you want to allow additional http commands(other than ping) to work.

Now you might ask why admin console swf is not working...We that may again be because of either security grou(network port) restrictions on your client or server machine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 13, 2014 Sep 13, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello:

I'm having the same issues.

The only difference is that via curl (step #8) the connection fails with invalid username and password.

I've tried this with various usernames and passwords (both admin and another name) with no luck.

Security on the instance  has been changed to allow port 1111, and the ams.ini file has :1111 added, as well as my username.  Yes for a salted hashtag.

Only slight difference is several temp files in the directory (swp, etc).

I'm sure it's pilot error...any thoughts?

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 15, 2014 Sep 15, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for the help - I went through the steps and it still didn't work, but I discovered something else: the network I'm working from is behind a very restrictive firewall, so all the ports I needed to access were all blocked. Very difficult to troubleshoot without any error messages, and I only discovered it by chance .

So for future generations: If you've tried everything and it still doesn't work, check to make sure the ports you need are open!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines