• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I can't get FLASH to Instal on my MAC OSX 10.8.5 Beyand Frustrating!

New Here ,
Sep 09, 2014 Sep 09, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried several times over the past 36 months to get the updates version of FLASH to install on my MAC.  It just won't do it.  I have gone to the Adobe Trouble shooting guide and followed all the steps.  Please help.  I am beyond frustrated!!!!!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sam,

I apologize for your frustration in attempting to install Flash Player on your OS X 10.8 system.  Unfortunately, "It just won't do it" doesn't provide sufficient information for us to assist.  Please provide more information on behaviour preventing installation and we'll be glad to help.

Where are you downloading the installer from (get.adobe.com/flashplayer or eslewhere)?  What happens when you launch the installer? What error, if any is returned when you attempt to install?  Etc...

Also, screenshots are very helpful (How to post a screenshot in the forum).

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is screen shot of what is going on when I try to install. It always goes to 82% Install, then stops. I always get the same Error Message. "Error: General Installation Error". You can see it from the screen shot below. I have gone to all the settings in the browersers as the manual has instructed and set them accordingly. I always download the whole thing from the internet when I get an update screen that pops up on my screen when I log on.

That's about all I can tell you. This has gone on this way for some time now. I'm not a computer pewrson.....that's all I know about it.

Thanks,

Sam

Sam Sharpe

Virtual Tours Of Charlotte

The Fusion of Vision and Light

www.VTC-Home.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 10, 2014 Sep 10, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you ever get the information I sent to you?

Thanks,

Sam

Sam Sharpe

www.VTC-Home.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sam,

The screenshot is not appearing in your post. Is this from the online installer downloaded from get.adobe.com/flashplayer, or the offline installer downloaded from Installation problems | Flash Player | Mac?

Can you please post the following two log files?

• /private/var/log/install.log
  • /Users/YourUserID/Library/Logs/FLashPlayerInstallManager.log

They'll be fairly large, so you can upload them using the instructions here, How to share a document.

Thank you.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did all that stuff that is referenced in Installation problems | Flash Player | Mac?

I have no idea what a "Log File" is.....so I would have an easier flying to the Moon than figure that out.

What occurs is this:

1) I download the Adobe Flash Player Installer

2) I start the Install

3) I ALWAYS get the same message at roughly 82% Install: "Error: General Installation Error".

This is the same thing that happens over and over. I have done everything that is referenced in the Installation problems | Flash Player | Mac post.

On another note, I have ALWAYS been able to ib=nstall FLASH on every update up until about 6 months ago. I know my original Post said "the past 36 months", but I meant to say the past 6 months.

Thanks,

Sam

It is the same failure every time.

Thanks,

Sam

Sam Sharpe

www.VTC-Home.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 11, 2014 Sep 11, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sam,

I understand your frustration.Unfortunately, based on the information provided, I really have no idea why the installer is failing for you, that is why I need to get the log files that are created whenever Flash Player is installed, which will hopefully provide some information.  Please launch Finder and navigate to the two locations I mentioned in my previous comment and provide the files requested, following the instructions previously provided.  Alternatively from launching Finder, in the main Apple toolbar, at the top of the page, click on 'Go' then 'Go to Folder' in the submenu, then in the text field type the directory location /private/var/log and click the 'Go' button.  Finder will open to this location.  Look for the file install.log.  Repeat for the FlashPlayerInstallManager.log file in /Users/YourUserID/Library/Logs/.

Thank you.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 15, 2014 Sep 15, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm completely lost. There are several Installer Logs, I have no clue what to do. As far as the uploading whatever it is, I have no idea how to use the process you outlined.....nor can I figure it out.

I need you to simplify this. I spend a TON of money with Adobe, surly someone can call and help with this. OR, make this process simple. I'm not a software engineer, nor am I the guy that works on computers. I am confused. I need the simplest way to retrive this info that you need. I also need a simple way to get it to you.....possibly an E-Mail address? My business has come to depend upon this program. I NEED HELP THAT IS DOABLE WITH MY KNOWLEDGE LEVEL, AND CAN BE SATISFIED FAST.

Please respond with a phone call, or someone who can simplify this.

Thanks,

Sam

/private/var/log

Sam Sharpe

www.VTC-Home.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines