• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't install Flash Player (OS X 10.9.4)

New Here ,
Sep 11, 2014 Sep 11, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi m_vargas

As requested here you go

Since I am new to this thread, I would like to give some information.

I am unable to install anything related to java either Adobe flash player so my Safari youtube does not work

Chrome on the other hand works find because it has a built in Flash player here is the error image too

OSX 10.9.4

https://files.acrobat.com/a/preview/31e25894-6c36-4374-ab88-b48eaadf3981

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 12, 2014 Sep 12, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Wilburmaxtan,

I've branched your post into a new thread.  It's easier to respond to individual threads than multiple people in one thread, since this forum software doesn't sort conversations nicely.

I'll review your files and respond today.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!

Wilbur

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your post in the original thread:

Hi,

Thank you for posting the log files.  Unfortunately, the log files appear to contain information from the 10.3 install attempt, but not the new one.  If you're only using the online installer, it's failing before it gets to write to the log file.   The online installer only creates a log file when executed from the terminal in debug mode.  If you feel comfortable doing that, I include the instructions below.

I'd like for you try the offline installer posted at the bottom of this page,  Installation problems | Flash Player | Mac.  Before running the offline installer, please launch two instances of the Console app (/Applications/Utilities/Console).  On one instance select to view the FlashPlayerInstallManager.log file and in the other instance select to view the install.log file.  In both instances click 'Insert Marker' (the icon with the red flag) at the top of the Console app. After doing this, go ahead and install using the offline installer.  If installation fails again, copy the log output (for both files) created after the marker was inserted and provide that information. This will prevent you from having to post the entire install.log file again, as it is very large and contains other non-related information.

To run the online installer in debug mode and obtain that log file, do the following:

1. Download the online installer from get.adobe.com/flashplayer and save it to the desktop
  2. Mount the DMG (double-click the downloaded file) and extract Install Adobe Flash Player.app to a local folder (e.g. desktop)
    • extract by clicking on the .app and dragging it onto the Deskop (or some other folder)
  3. Open LaunchPad and in the top search window type Terminal, click the app icon to open the Terminal application
  4. In Terminal, change directories to where Install Adobe Flash Player.app is saved to (step 2), type: cd <location to file in step 2>
    • e.g. If Install Adobe Flash Player.app is saved to the desktop, type: cd /Users/labuser/Desktop, where 'labuser' is your user ID.
  5. Right-click (or click with two fingers, depending on our mouse configuration) on Install Adobe Flash Player.app and select Show Package Contents, then navigate inside Contents/MacOS
  6. Once inside /Install Adobe Flash Player.app/Contents/MacOS, drag the file Install Adobe Flash Player onto the Terminal app
  7. Hit space bar then type -debug - file.  It should look similar to the actual directory location will differ based on where you extracted the file to):
    /Users/labuser/Desktop
    /Install\ Adobe\ Flash\ Player.app/Contents/MacOS/Install\ Adobe\ Flash\ Player -debug - file
  8. When prompted, enter the password you use to log in to your machine
  9. Go back to back to the /Install Adobe Flash Player.app/Contents/MacOS directory
  10. Obtain the host.develop.log file.
  11. Post the contents of the host.develop.log file here in your response, or share the file following the How to share a document instructions.

--

Maria

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi Maria

I did the following steps, but I was a little unsure about the pre-steps instructions regarding (Before running the offline installer, please launch two instances of the Console app (/Applications/Utilities/Console).  On one instance select to view the FlashPlayerInstallManager.log file and in the other instance select to view the install.log file.  In both instances click 'Insert Marker' (the icon with the red flag) at the top of the Console app)

But I did it anyway before installing the Flashplayer

I also retrieved that Host.developer.log file you wanted

The installation failed again!

Shared Files - Acrobat.com

Thank you for your time.

Wilbur

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 15, 2014 Sep 15, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Wilbur,

Thank you for posting the 3 log files.  We are reviewing them and will respond soon.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 17, 2014 Sep 17, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Wilbur,

We're seeing some information in the install.log file in both the Java and Flash Player install attempts that leads us to think this is an issue with your system and not with the software.  It could be permissions, missing file, or something else.  The content in question is:

PackageKit: Install Failed: Error Domain=NSPOSIXErrorDomain Code=2 "The operation couldn’t be completed. No such file or directory" UserInfo=0x7f85ca204280 {NSFilePath=/private/tmp/PKInstallSandbox.XXXXXX} {

NSFilePath = "/private/tmp/PKInstallSandbox.XXXXXX";

This appears in both the Java and Flash Player install attempts.  Although troubleshooting OS X system issues is beyond the scope of these forums, I Googled parts of the error and found a few similar items, but it was difficult to tell if they were similar to yours and I don't want to direct you in the wrong direction.

You may want to start with Repair Permissions (/Library/Utilities/Disk Utility > First Aid > Verify Disk Permissions and Repair Disk Permissions).  If that doesn't solve the issue I recommend the Apple forums or similar for assistance with this error.

I apologize I couldn't be of more assistance.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines