• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't install Adobe Flash Player on OS X 10.9 (Safari 7.05)

New Here ,
Aug 23, 2014 Aug 23, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been having trouble updating flash on my computer for weeks now. I have found so many dead pages, missing links, improper information, and every solution I've found has gotten me nowhere. I am on in an intel mac, OS X 10.9, Safari 7.05. Each time I try, the installer hangs at either 25% or 30%. I have uninstalled, reinstalled, tried downloading http://fpdownload.macromedia.com/pub/flashplayer/installers/archive/fp_10.3.183.90_archive _mac_only.zip which went all the way through but only led me back to "flash player out of date". Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 25, 2014 Aug 25, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have the same problem and am disatisfied with Adobe support. I also receive error code 1712.

I have tried updating the Flash player 10 12 times over the recent 8 days.

Installation stops after downloading the installer and in the start of downloading the app

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 25, 2014 Aug 25, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@zkrohn,

10.3.183.90 is VERY old and should not be used, unless you're on OS X 10.5, as indicated on the Archived Flash Player versions page.

Are you using the online installer downloaded from get.adobe.com/flashplayer, or the offline/standalone installer downloaded from Installation problems | Flash Player | Mac. The installer you are using will determine which troubleshooting steps to take.

@roald3:

Please confirm which OS you are using.  If not Mac, as the OP has, please start a new thread.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 01, 2014 Sep 01, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

sorry, I had looked all over for solutions and cant tell you how many broken or out of date pages I came across in my hunt for the issue. I have tried both the methods you have posted, neither work. Although the main route I've been using is the get.adobe.com/flashplayer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 10, 2014 Sep 10, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I have yet to hear a response to this...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 10, 2014 Sep 10, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Please post the following two log files:

• /private/var/log/install.log
  • /Users/YourUserID/Library/Logs/FLashPlayerInstallManager.log

They'll be fairly large, so you can upload them using the instructions here, How to share a document.

Thank you.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 11, 2014 Sep 11, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Maria,

Thanks for getting back to me, here you go!

https://files.acrobat.com/a/preview/402df6db-d925-4968-9efc-cc4f1f02892e

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 12, 2014 Sep 12, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Thank you for posting the log files.  Unfortunately, the log files appear to contain information from the 10.3 install attempt, but not the new one.  If you're only using the online installer, it's failing before it gets to write to the log file.   The online installer only creates a log file when executed from the terminal in debug mode.  If you feel comfortable doing that, I include the instructions below.

I'd like for you try the offline installer posted at the bottom of this page,  Installation problems | Flash Player | Mac.  Before running the offline installer, please launch two instances of the Console app (/Applications/Utilities/Console).  On one instance select to view the FlashPlayerInstallManager.log file and in the other instance select to view the install.log file.  In both instances click 'Insert Marker' (the icon with the red flag) at the top of the Console app. After doing this, go ahead and install using the offline installer.  If installation fails again, copy the log output (for both files) created after the marker was inserted and provide that information. This will prevent you from having to post the entire install.log file again, as it is very large and contains other non-related information.

To run the online installer in debug mode and obtain that log file, do the following:

1. Download the online installer from get.adobe.com/flashplayer and save it to the desktop
  2. Mount the DMG (double-click the downloaded file) and extract Install Adobe Flash Player.app to a local folder (e.g. desktop)
    • extract by clicking on the .app and dragging it onto the Deskop (or some other folder)
  3. Open LaunchPad and in the top search window type Terminal, click the app icon to open the Terminal application
  4. In Terminal, change directories to where Install Adobe Flash Player.app is saved to (step 2), type: cd <location to file in step 2>
    • e.g. If Install Adobe Flash Player.app is saved to the desktop, type: cd /Users/labuser/Desktop, where 'labuser' is your user ID.
  5. Right-click (or click with two fingers, depending on our mouse configuration) on Install Adobe Flash Player.app and select Show Package Contents, then navigate inside Contents/MacOS
  6. Once inside /Install Adobe Flash Player.app/Contents/MacOS, drag the file Install Adobe Flash Player onto the Terminal app
  7. Hit space bar then type -debug - file.  It should look similar to the actual directory location will differ based on where you extracted the file to):
    /Users/labuser/Desktop
    /Install\ Adobe\ Flash\ Player.app/Contents/MacOS/Install\ Adobe\ Flash\ Player -debug - file
  8. When prompted, enter the password you use to log in to your machine
  9. Go back to back to the /Install Adobe Flash Player.app/Contents/MacOS directory
  10. Obtain the host.develop.log file.
  11. Post the contents of the host.develop.log file here in your response, or share the file following the How to share a document instructions.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 14, 2014 Sep 14, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Visiting the link at the bottom of the page gives me the following error message

Not Found

The requested URL /pub/flashplayer/current/support/install_flash_player_osx.dmg was not found on this server.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 15, 2014 Sep 15, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I confirmed the file is posted and downloads.  Perhaps there was a network glitch when you tried.  Can you try downloading again?  If you encounter issues, please check your firewall settings (if you have one) and anti-virus protection settings.  If the issue persists, please let me know, including your geo location.

Thank you.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 15, 2014 Sep 15, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello: having exact same symptoms, so I decided to try your steps and post my results as well. hope that's OK.

I tried to install and capture the log files in Console as you had directed, see log snippets below:

FlashPlayerInstallManager.log

Marker - Sep 15, 2014, 7:26:03 PM

2014-09-15 19:33:43 -0500   IM: ---------- log start ----------

2014-09-15 19:33:43 -0500   IM: All install checks pass

2014-09-15 19:33:52 -0500   IM: User does not have any processes that need to be closed before the Flash Player can be installed.

2014-09-15 19:33:52 -0500   IM: [install started]

2014-09-15 19:35:58 -0500   IM: ---------- log start ----------

2014-09-15 19:35:58 -0500   IM: All install checks pass

2014-09-15 19:36:05 -0500   IM: User does not have any processes that need to be closed before the Flash Player can be installed.

2014-09-15 19:36:05 -0500   IM: [install started]

2014-09-15 19:53:44 -0500   IM: ---------- log start ----------

2014-09-15 19:53:44 -0500   IM: All install checks pass

2014-09-15 19:53:44 -0500   IM: Unexpected umask value for process: 0

2014-09-15 19:53:44 -0500   IM: User has 1 process that needs to be closed.

2014-09-15 19:53:44 -0500   IM: Install failed with error code: 17.

2014-09-15 19:53:44 -0500   IM: ----------  log end  ----------

2014-09-15 19:54:29 -0500   IM: ---------- log start ----------

2014-09-15 19:54:29 -0500   IM: All install checks pass

2014-09-15 19:54:29 -0500   IM: Unexpected umask value for process: 0

2014-09-15 19:54:29 -0500   IM: User does not have any processes that need to be closed.

2014-09-15 19:54:29 -0500   IM: [install started]

Install.log

Marker - Sep 15, 2014, 7:33:21 PM

Sep 15 19:33:54 Jasons-iMac.local installer[7018]: JS: Flash Player Install: Performing volume check for /Volumes/The DeLorean

Sep 15 19:33:54 Jasons-iMac.local installer[7018]: JS: Flash Player Install: Error: Non-OS Volume detected.

Sep 15 19:33:54 Jasons-iMac.local installer[7018]: JS: Flash Player Install: Performing volume check for /Volumes/Tyrone the Media

Sep 15 19:33:54 Jasons-iMac.local installer[7018]: JS: Flash Player Install: Error: Non-OS Volume detected.

I also tried to run in debug mode, here is the host.developer.log file as you had requested.

Shared Files - Acrobat.com

Let me know if you can find a solution to the problem! I've been on looking for a fix for what seems like months. Please help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines