• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

recording system audio in Captivate 3

New Here ,
Aug 08, 2007 Aug 08, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just downloaded a trial of Captivate 3 so I can test to see if it will work for my purposes (recording narrated flash presentations with narration for television). I need to be able to capture the music/narration that is in the flash file while I am recording it. I was going to get Camtasia but found Captivate and thought it would be better. However, the system audio option is disabled when I try to record. Does anyone know how to get that option 'enabled' so I can test this program? Is it because it is a trial...?
TOPICS
Recording

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi SpottedKitty and welcome to our community

For what it's worth, I believe the ability to record system audio is probably more dependent upon the capabilities of your PC than the trial. Unless Adobe radically departed from earlier trial versions, you are probably only limited by time for the Captivate demo. No functionality was ever crippled in Captivate with the single exception of configuring an expiration date for whatever you created using the trial version.

My personal PC is incapable of recording system audio in either Camtasia Studio or Captivate. I was told by someone that worked for TechSmith that it was because "Dell uses sucky audio cards in their laptops".

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I thought it may be something like that after I posted my question. I have tried Camtasia too and was able to record system audio just fine. I have a custom built HP but I suppose it is entirely possible that it is the audio card as I doubt my IT department paid much attention to that...thanks very much for the feedback and pointing me in the right direction. I will look into a nicer audio card.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi again

Hmmm, I may be off base on that then. I would think if it worked in Camtasia it should also work in Captivate. It could be the feature doesn't work or perhaps another setting elsewhere is involved. I recall seeing the option in the beta and seeing it was disabled for me. From my prior conversation with TechSmith, I just assumed it was my hardware.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 29, 2007 Aug 29, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I have a full copy of Captivate 3 and trying to record a wmv system file. I too see System Audio is disabled.

I have tried this on a couple of new Sony laptops, one with XP, one with Vista. Same problem.

Are Adobe tech support people reading these posts?

Thanks for any help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 29, 2007 Aug 29, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Hi BobDoyle and welcome to our community

You asked: Are Adobe tech support people reading these posts?.

The fact is, the only time I've seen them here is when one of two things happens:

1. One of the Community Experts asks for someone from Adobe to step in and offer a reply
2. For a short while after a new version of a product has been released

If you truly want support, there is a link at the bottom of each forum page that will allow you to reach them. In addition to this, you may also report bugs and make suggestions at this link

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources