• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Published WebHelp content styles does not match source files

New Here ,
Sep 11, 2014 Sep 11, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using RoboHelp 11. The fonts in my source files are set to Verdana, but the WebHelp output is set to Times New Roman.

What can I do to make the WebHelp output match the formatting in the source files?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 12, 2014 Sep 12, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you expand on what you mean by:

The fonts in my source files are set to Verdana

How are the fonts assigned in your source files?

Is the CSS you use for the topics overwritten in the SSL settings? (You can assign a different style sheet on generation.)

Kind regards,

Willam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 12, 2014 Sep 12, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The fonts, I believe, come from FrameMaker. (The RoboHelp project links to FrameMaker files.)

I checked the SSL settings by popping open the properties for my target. I'm not seeing any assignment for a CSS. Am I looking in the right place? However, the project only has one .css sheet. When I popped open a few topics and checked the code, the topics are pointing towards that .css sheet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 15, 2014 Sep 15, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For a quick fix, in the SSL settings, assign the CSS you want to use. That will make sure all topics use the correct styling. And yes, you're looking in the right place.

As to find out what is going on: FM complicates the matter. What are your linking settings for the CSS styles? Also, do the topic look correct when you open them in RoboHelp after you generated them from the FM documents?

Kind regards,

Willam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 15, 2014 Sep 15, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

• CSS in SSL settings: alas, I've looked over the entire SSL target settings and within the RoboHelp Help and can't seem to find them. Could I trouble you to tell me specifically where to find them? I'm using RoboHelp 11.
  • Linking settings: In RoboHelp, I link to FrameMaker files by clicking File > Link > FrameMaker Document, and then link to the .book file.
  • Topic appearance after opening in RoboHelp: Yes, when I look at the linked source files they are showing the correct fonts (sans serifs). When I look at the backend HTML, the code does not reflect any changes to the fonts. However, after I publish, the output fonts have serifs. I looked in the SSL target settings and didn't locate any setting that changed the font appearance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 16, 2014 Sep 16, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The setting you want to change is the following:

HTML5 SSL Settings.png

For your linking settings, (File > Project Settings > Import) did you choose 'Create a copy and link'? Try it with that setting to see whether it makes a difference.

Kind regards,

Willam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp