Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot open books in Kobo

New Here ,
Sep 02, 2014 Sep 02, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I downloaded Adobe Digital Edition, signed up, downloaded books. Then I add Kobo and add book in the Kobo library in Adobe Digital Editions program. I syncronized my Kobo with my computer. But still I cannot open books in Kobo. I get the same problem message, "... and is not currently authorized for use with your Adobe ID. Please sign-in with the authorized Adobe ID and try again."

What should I do?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Sep 16, 2014 Sep 16, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i have the exact same problem and adobe customer support offered zero help. i'm going to call them tomorrow and make them figure this all out. i was online with them this evening and had the rep delete my adobe id, in case ade was being snarky about my new device, even though it's the exact same ereader, just a new one. not even upgraded. the number i have is 1 800 833 6687. i read in another thread that having them delete the account and starting a new one does work, but it takes 5-7 days for the account to delete. it's as though adobe doesn't even care about its users or their problems with the software. the rep i spoke to this evening- and this is the third time i've contacted adobe about this exact same unresolved problem- referred me to the forums- the site of unanswered questions. my hope is that enough people will call in with this exact same problem and force adobe to resolve it. my kobo touch is pretty much useless until my adobe id resets. i only used it for library books

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 04, 2014 Nov 04, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi There to both of you,

I am running Adobe digital 4.0 on windows 8, I have a Kobo aura H20 and have same issue.  Download from the public library, all synced in terms of authorisations, it confirms in Adobe digital that both devises are authorised but when I come to try and read on the Kobo after drag and drop it comes up with no authorisation. Did you get anywhere with this? I think it must be a kobo problem - I am waiting for their customer support to get back to me,

Paul

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 14, 2014 Nov 14, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's a bit more info: https://forums.adobe.com/message/5999248#5999248

I tried the steps in post 23 but that didn't make a difference. I then managed to chat to Adobe Technical Support (link in post 28), who didn't know the difference between a tablet and an ereader, and they basically talked me through the same steps again and eventually told me I had to contact Kobo. I think I'll just return the Kobo, I'm losing the will to live.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 15, 2014 Nov 15, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seems to me there are a lot of us having the same problem!!!  Haven't any advice tho'.  We can't all be missing the same thing can we?  Hope someone out there has found a solution.  Good luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 16, 2014 Nov 16, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Kobo finally gave me a solution that worked for my device! It seems to be an Adobe version issue (nice of Adobe not to mention that or to make any effort to sort it out). I have now uninstalled everything (Kobo and ADE), done a Kobo factory reset on the device, then installed ADE version 3.0 (from here: Download | Adobe Digital Editions Home), re-authorised everything, copied my book across, and lo and behold, I can now read it on the Kobo.

What a faff, I shall disable any auto-update settings in ADE, otherwise I'll have the same problem again with the next update.

Hope this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines